That "Empty" feeling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yes @maxta you've summed it up perfectly. Been feeling it since 2015. You just know we are going to roll over like a fat dog begging for food. The whole team just drops collectively into the melancholy that has seeped through this club for a decade. Ever since Penn took control and THAT backflip. If we get behind with 10-15 min to go you just know we are gone. There's no fight , no determination and no ability to break the malaise.
Been feeling it since 2014, Manly were one of the weakest teams to finish 2nd on the ladder ever and that a long decade was ahead of us.

We were off the pace in terms of the forwards and power game plus overall depth while also falling more noticeably behind in terms of looking like a Semi Professional club struggling to keep up.

That year i didn't rate Manly at all during the season and copped a lot of flak here for stating that even though Manly were top 2 most of the season, in the Semi's we were poor both games and resembled at best an 8-10th finishing team.

2013 is the most proud i have been of the team as we performed well above what was left in the tank from the senior playing group.

Making the GF that year was all about the senior playing group taking control and offering outstanding leadership and effort through all sorts of struggles and injuries, they basically ran the show more than Toovey did.

Just looking at Thursday night just shows the level of clueless desperation of the coach and the desperation in the club. Sipley and Lodge are clearly not up to it. The holes around them you could drive a truck through. Whether it's injury and/or fitness neither should've played and Seibold should've known this. If that's the best we can field then our pathways are a disaster zone. Now instead of having a fullback ready to step in from lower grade , which we should've been cultivating for years considering what tissue Tom throws up ,we'll have the makeshift bandaid solution again of Garrick or Koula. Not to mention the non existent effort to get a decent #9 since Appi flew and stabby decided that his gangsta mates were a sensible option.

In our “Winning Years” it was exactly opposite, we played for each other, had that winning mentality, played for the badge ,and it was us that won games coming from behind !
The current team does not play for each other , and what’s more there is a attitude to not trust each other especially in defence.
This attitude is the responsibility of the senior players and coaches, and sadly we are lacking big time in this area. How else can you explain the big leads we create and then just fade away ??
THERE IS A TEAM SOMEWHERE IN THERE, BUT WHEN THE MOMENTUM GOES AGAINST US, YOU DON’T PLAY FOR EACH OTHER AS A TEAM.
So you senior players and coaches getting paid big bucks need to get off your arses and at training forget about ball work, running etc …and concentrate solely on attitude under adversity, playing for each other and your defensive drills.
GOOD LUCK AND GO MANLY !!
No heart and no pride in the jumper, there's not many of these blokes I'd want in the trenches with me

Generally I feel like a fairly positive bloke, in fact some good friends claim over the top positive and that's fine.
But I want to ask a "real" question to my Silvertail friends....
Watching Manly play, in certain games like these games where we clutch defeat from the jaws of victory and when everyone seems suprised (while I can feel it/see it coming).
Does anyone else get that helpless, frustrating feeling where it's like the air has come out of the game and there is zero chance of a spark to lift the players who have fallen flat.....especially after a bit of adversity and there's a vibe you can feel we are shot and it's only a matter of time before the opposition finishes us off ??
Not being rude
Not being a smart a**
The reason I ask, I always felt we were a chance of winning the arm wrestle or could pull the cat out the bag in almost every game....but the past few years when we are on the slide, we drop off the cliff 100% of the time and it's like you can write the last page before you get there.
Do any others get "That empty feeling" ??
I get what you're saying mate. I don't know the answer. On a personal behalf, it's devastating to me that for the first time ever, I'm just losing interest. I know people will hate reading this, but I truly think k this is the most unlikable bunch of players we've ever had. I miss real characters like Wolfman, Ox, Killer, Snake - all of them. Our defense is an abomination. We have no fortitude. You said it last week, we have a soft underbelly.

We can't keep re-stocking with washed up players, players slowing down, injury prone players, players getting huge contractual downgrades, players other teams no longer wants.

Their here for their superannuation plan.

We've won only 50% on the button of our games this year. Last year, it was in the 40% (likely where we'll land again). But Siebold suggests "he's happy with our start". If 50% is worthy of happiness, then forget ever having success.

I've begged another Silvertails member to try and re-envigorate my passion here. I hate apathy. I won't be watching next week either. I refuse to support the team taking a home game from us season ticket holders to Brisbane for Magic round - against Brisbane.

Just shows more idiocy from the club.

Chelsea are starting to come good, and AVS are currently in the second round of the playoffs. All I ask for my teams is improvement , effort and passion . Manly lack all of those.

I get what you're saying mate. I don't know the answer. On a personal behalf, it's devastating to me that for the first time ever, I'm just losing interest. I know people will hate reading this, but I truly think k this is the most unlikable bunch of players we've ever had. I miss real characters like Wolfman, Ox, Killer, Snake - all of them. Our defense is an abomination. We have no fortitude. You said it last week, we have a soft underbelly.

We can't keep re-stocking with washed up players, players slowing down, injury prone players, players getting huge contractual downgrades, players other teams no longer wants.

Their here for their superannuation plan.

We've won only 50% on the button of our games this year. Last year, it was in the 40% (likely where we'll land again). But Siebold suggests "he's happy with our start". If 50% is worthy of happiness, then forget ever having success.

I've begged another Silvertails member to try and re-envigorate my passion here. I hate apathy. I won't be watching next week either. I refuse to support the team taking a home game from us season ticket holders to Brisbane for Magic round - against Brisbane.

Just shows more idiocy from the club.

Chelsea are starting to come good, and AVS are currently in the second round of the playoffs. All I ask for my teams is improvement , effort and passion . Manly lack all of those.
Sad but true mate....and I have a confession.
Sure it's only a game, but I love my footy, Love the Seaeagles.
Not long after that lethargic loss Thursday night I was on the phone with a mate.....he says "Gee you must be devastated....I kind of paused and felt calm and replied " not really, I could see the team giving up and showing no backbone, I kind of seen it coming"
Afterwards I realised, it's a sad day as a supporter to have no expectations and lose those emotions that I have had my whole life as a Manly supporter.
And by the sound of it, we are not alone Ryan 😔

Sad but true mate....and I have a confession.
Sure it's only a game, but I love my footy, Love the Seaeagles.
Not long after that lethargic loss Thursday night I was on the phone with a mate.....he says "Gee you must be devastated....I kind of paused and felt calm and replied " not really, I could see the team giving up and showing no backbone, I kind of seen it coming"
Afterwards I realised, it's a sad day as a supporter to have no expectations and lose those emotions that I have had my whole life as a Manly supporter.
And by the sound of it, we are not alone Ryan 😔

No point watching the Broncos game mate, at Suncorp. They thrashed the Eels this week, and are everything we aren't. They'll put an absolute score on us, so what's the point ? We have no fight / ticker in us. Be the first time since being an Eagles fan of missing, and not even wanting to watch two straight games.

They are professional. They recruit smart. They are big, mobile, young. They've let some superstars go, but Ikin has managed that roster beautifully.

They've adapted to 2024 footy like The Sharks have. Sharks don't have big name players like us, but they commit, work hard, and put in for each other.

Anyways...I honestly hate feeling like this. It's made a depressed person, even worse.

No point watching the Broncos game mate, at Suncorp. They thrashed the Eels this week, and are everything we aren't. They'll put an absolute score on us, so what's the point ? We have no fight / ticker in us. Be the first time since being an Eagles fan of missing, and not even wanting to watch two straight games.

They are professional. They recruit smart. They are big, mobile, young. They've let some superstars go, but Ikin has managed that roster beautifully.

They've adapted to 2024 footy like The Sharks have. Sharks don't have big name players like us, but they commit, work hard, and put in for each other.

Anyways...I honestly hate feeling like this. It's made a depressed person, even worse.
Yes your 100% correct mate, but you and I both know come game time we will be switched into the game and living in hope :think:
And again so accurate, the Sharks players (many underrated - Hazelton, Wilton ect) just roll up the sleeves and go to war, making those effort plays and keep turning up for each other....no excuses, no waiting for the Stars to "make that big play"....all dig in.
It's strange to say as the good old days it was Manly who led that pack in effort, attitude and desire, but now it's a bunch of 17 blokes looking for the easiest way to "outscore" the opposition without getting any dirt on the jerseys.....

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10