Thanks Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From what I saw at the ground matty b got a standing ovation everywhere he went and plenty of love - trust void have been the time when Brett had just came out?

I was sitting fairly close to where you were on the fence ... Hoping that Brett would see you .... Have to admit to tearing up when he made a bee line straight for you and gave you a big hug. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a bag of snakes again without thinking of that moment.

So happy for you to have such a wonderful experience that will stay in your memories forever .....

Attachments

• IMG-20170902-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170902-WA0003.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 41

Thank you brett, from your debut to mom game early in your career. The win v tigers with ox kick, dominating the 08 finals /gf on your own. To becoming a leader and legend of our club.
Thank you snake enjoy the resturant game in melbourne. You given all of us memories for a lifetime

It was the highlight of yesterday to see Snake walk around Brooky and our fans and members finally got to acknowledge and send off a legend. I am sure a few of you out there were like me yesterday, a bit emotional seeing him, he is a hero or our club, what he went through to serve our club, what he endured personally that would break most people. To see him smiling and happy will always stay with me just like the scintillating tries he scored, the tries he made and the images of he, his brother and that wonderful team from 05 to 14 that were the envy of the NRL. Thanks, Snake, you are right up there with the greatest Sea Eagles and I wish you all the happiness in your life!!!

I was sitting fairly close to where you were on the fence ... Hoping that Brett would see you .... Have to admit to tearing up when he made a bee line straight for you and gave you a big hug. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a bag of snakes again without thinking of that moment.

So happy for you to have such a wonderful experience that will stay in your memories forever .....

Thank you for this photo!! And thank you for your kind words that's really nice :)

Thank you everyone for your very kind words. I've had the banner since 2011 and got to take it our grand final in that year along with a big version in Brisbane, a blue version to Origin and this current one that has been ripped and hot glued lots of times!

Farewell Brett Stewart.

In my eyes possibly the greatest ever Eagle. Loved seeing you do the lap of honour yesterday. I cheered your first game in 03 at parra stadium where u dislocated your shoulder tackling Jamie Lyon and from every game there after.

163 tries and you won us at least 100 games on your own.

You are a legend - thanks for the memories.

Wish I Could've been there, snake was my favourite player in our greatest era. Reached some lofty heights in his career, but it's with a bit of sadness and the what could've Beens, that if injury and allegations hadn't have temporarily cut him down in his prime years what he and we as a club may have achieved. He was on track to catch Ken Irvine, which has seemed an unsurpassable try tally.

His class, killer instinct, defence and leadership won us many games and if a manly player in the future can ignite a brookvale hill, fan the flames of an unlikely comeback, win the matches we need to and do it with grace of Stewart, they will be another very special player.

Congrats on a great career snake, and good luck with whatever happens in your future.

P.s are they his kids they were doing the lap with him?

Wish I Could've been there, snake was my favourite player in our greatest era. Reached some lofty heights in his career, but it's with a bit of sadness and the what could've Beens, that if injury and allegations hadn't have temporarily cut him down in his prime years what he and we as a club may have achieved. He was on track to catch Ken Irvine, which has seemed an unsurpassable try tally.

His class, killer instinct, defence and leadership won us many games and if a manly player in the future can ignite a brookvale hill, fan the flames of an unlikely comeback, win the matches we need to and do it with grace of Stewart, they will be another very special player.

Congrats on a great career snake, and good luck with whatever happens in your future.

P.s are they his kids they were doing the lap with him?
As far as I know he doesn't have kids so I'm gonna get nieces/nephews or cousins?

From what I saw at the ground matty b got a standing ovation everywhere he went and plenty of love - trust void have been the time when Brett had just came out?

The entire middle of the hill stood up and applauded Matty B from when he got to the northern 10m line and didn't sit down again until Brett was down in the SE corner. Both seemed to really enjoy/appreciate it and Brett bowing to the crowd was great to see.

Matty had photos with fans after the game as well, not sure on Brett.

Wolfman was also floating around.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Loved it of course. He is a Manly Legend. And i'm lucky to have seen the whole career of the Stewart Bros, and that of Bozo, Eadie, Igor, Menzies, Jamie n Skivvy.
If the Eastern Stand ever gets built, in our "new Stadium" (the one that Gladys SHOULD BE SPENDING MONEY ON) . . . It should be Named the "Stewart Lyon Stand".

Unbelievable football player . I just think he lost the plot in his last few years . We all make mistakes but I just hope he didn't let gambling make him do things on the football field that he wouldn't have done Otherwise

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8