[Resurrected] Thank you Joel Thompson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"Joel Thompson has sustained an ankle injury which requires surgery. Unfortunately, he will miss the remainder of the season."

These last 3 years have not been premiership seasons but I'm pleased for him that he got to play for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
He's not ever held back and has done his level best every week for the proud Sea Eagle jersey.
On field he's provided a tough, experienced presence for a squad that has a lot of young blokes.
Equally importantly, or actually probably far more importantly, he has been prepared to stand up and give others the benefit of hard lessons he has learned.
He stood up publicly for DCE when Watmough was airing his dirty laundry.
And he stood up to explain patiently why indigenous issues are very much issues for today, not just the past.
He's been a strong advocate for mental health awareness.
He hasn't come from a silver spoon background, in fact quite the opposite.
And among all the outstanding and international stars of the game that have graced Brookie and done this club proud, I'm equally proud that we had this bloke here, playing for Manly and being a Manly man.
Thanks Joel.
1598949066762.png

"Joel Thompson has sustained an ankle injury which requires surgery. Unfortunately, he will miss the remainder of the season."

These last 3 years have not been premiership seasons but I'm pleased for him that he got to play for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
He's not ever held back and has done his level best every week for the proud Sea Eagle jersey.
On field he's provided a tough, experienced presence for a squad that has a lot of young blokes.
Equally importantly, or actually probably far more importantly, he has been prepared to stand up and give others the benefit of hard lessons he has learned.
And he stood up to explain patiently why indigenous issues are very much issues for today, not just the past.
And among all the outstanding and international stars of the game that have graced Brookie and done this club proud, I'm equally proud that we had this bloke here, playing for Manly and being a Manly man.
Thanks Joel.
View attachment 15314
And he was a Manly fan as a kid if I'm not mistaken. Must be a little extra buzz playing for the team you support

Thanks for your efforts JT. Did his best to set good examples on and off the field.

Been a great player all his career gives the the team toughness this year may not have been his best but he always gave is all don’t think I ever saw him give up , he may have missed a few tackles dropped a few balls this year but there was always no lack of effort
Every club needs a player like him
Glad he played for Manly to teach a few of the young guys what it takes
Good luck Joel

Thanks Joel.
View attachment 15314
Great post SER8 up there with the best of the year!
And good luck Joel happy he got to play for and see out his career in oz with the team he supported as a kid.
All the best legend!

Thanks Joel.
View attachment 15314
Such a great post... best of luck to Joel. Became a true Manly lad!

Thommo has been the heart and soul of the side for the last 3 years and been a great ambassador for the game and the work he does off the field to help the disadvantaged and the Indigineous community are huge achievements he has done. Good luck with your future!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8