Tales from Tigertown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Some of that vision last night was definitely “ tales” because it sure as **** wasn’t football.

I've seen some dumb footy in my time but the Tigers attempting speccy 2 point field goals with 5 minutes to go to force a game into golden point takes the cake. Imagine coaching that level of stupid

Having no dummy half there at the end almost trumps the field goal attempts as a level of stupid. There's something to be said for recruiting intelligent players, not just big and fast
stupid youtube GIF

I've seen some dumb footy in my time but the Tigers attempting speccy 2 point field goals with 5 minutes to go to force a game into golden point takes the cake. Imagine coaching that level of stupid

Dumber than GI taking a shot at a field goal, when behind by 2 points at the end of a game a few years back?

Chad Townsend's "effort" a couple of weeks ago for the Warriors was pretty special too.

It's a pretty hot field to be honest.

I thought the field goals were almost genius compared to the stupidity of their continued short goal line drop outs, they have persisted with this for weeks.

Hard to believe the complete lack of brain power at the Tigers.

Personally i think the coaching staff has to go.

They need Bennett, not a salary cap and drug cheating coach.

Having no dummy half there at the end almost trumps the field goal attempts as a level of stupid. There's something to be said for recruiting intelligent players, not just big and fast
stupid youtube GIF
The last time I saw that was when I was coaching the U/8s Burleigh boys.
‘Guess what I had em doing at training the following week. They never did it again. Maybe Madge should do the same.

Not only once, they tried it again a few minutes later

Let's not forget that Madge's preference as coach was The Tigers instead of Manly when we were looking for a coach after golden boy left.
Each $hit Madge
I’m so glad it was…

I've watched both episodes and the thing that struck me was in every speech Madge gives the players it's all about attitude/trying hard/pride in the jersey/doing it for the fans etc. There is never any tactics discussed nor is there any mention of the opposition's strengths or weaknesses. He seems a very one-dimensional coach.
Now, I presume that he does analyse the opposition and devise different game plans yet I've seen nothing of this intel in the documentary. Perhaps there is an agreement that such material would not be shown which leads to the question: just how accurate is the doco?

Was especially funny that it was Adam D as well...his little spat at Marty for tripping him on his way to a particularly lame try celebration really irked me...thus, I took great pleasure in seeing his stupidity hit new heights against the Warriors.

I've watched both episodes and the thing that struck me was in every speech Madge gives the players it's all about attitude/trying hard/pride in the jersey/doing it for the fans etc. There is never any tactics discussed nor is there any mention of the opposition's strengths or weaknesses. He seems a very one-dimensional coach.
Now, I presume that he does analyse the opposition and devise different game plans yet I've seen nothing of this intel in the documentary. Perhaps there is an agreement that such material would not be shown which leads to the question: just how accurate is the doco?
Yes I saw the second one and had the same thought. Just regular torrents of abuse mainly!
Wow if we were ever really considering Madge as a coach we dodged a bullet. This doco may go down as the story of how his NRL coaching career crashed and burned.

I imagine there would definitely be some sort of agreement about tactics, etc. The season is still playing out and if the Tigers approach to match play is openly discussed, it could compromise the integrity of their performance...however poor it is.

Also, those speeches before the players leave the sheds are not time to fill players brains with anything too technical...simple things like the opposition are chasing hard at our edges so let's drop back inside (as discussed in their game against the Eels) might surface, but complex tactical breakdown happens during video reviews and on the training paddock. There is only so much new information a player can digest seconds before they run onto the field.

In saying that, the documentary has not been a glowing endorsement of his coaching. The constant swearing and carry on comes across as a veiled attempt at some sort of 'tough guy' act, meant to inspire the players, but he just rants and carries on like an idiot. No composure. The other night when he said 'let's be the team that ****in puts tries on' as he gestured the pass, was laughable. It reminded me of the criticism of Geoff Toovey's coaching - 'run hard and score a try' was the quote from the Tele from memory.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10