1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sydney Test

Discussion in 'Cricket Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Watson out as expected and everyone will presumably push up a spot, Johnson picked as all rounder at 7 and 5 bowlers named for the first time in a while. Maxwell carrying drinks

Lankans have lost another bowler to injury today. We should wrap this up inside 4 days as well. Only thing of interest for me is whether Johnson can put two performances back to back and push for his spot back for up coming ashes. That and Huss getting a well deserved farewell ton

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Johnson at 7 is far too high, will get away with against this lot but against stronger sides will lead to trouble

3. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Woo hoo. Congrats Wade. What a 100!!!
    Hasn't kept that great..... but what a ton..
    [hr]
    Picking 5 bowlers smacked of a bit of arrogance imo.
    If they wanted to play 4 quicks I thought that had to rest Lyon and play Maxwell as the spinning allrounder.
    Anyway, we are well on top, so what would I know. :s

4. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Lankans fighting but just waiting for the collapse

FFS I'm sick of Taylor today lol. Always going on and on and on about the review system and no balls. Just a shocking bit of commentary on Wade spilling a chance, saying it was easy, the ball deviated a mile !!
    [hr]
    Brett Lee goes surprisingly well up in the box. Was the only one that picked up that it was Clarke who asked the umps about the Hughes catch, Crappelli and co have been harping on for hours about how every player was happy with it

5. Clint

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Hey KE,

What was the go with our successful challenge. I was out of the room at the time.
    Was the Phil Hughes catch initially turned down?

6. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Was no challenge involved in that one, Hughes took the catch, started celebrating but Clarke wasn't so sure so asked the umpires to check the catch

And the collapse didn't take long to come, is a worry that all the Lankans best bats are around 36

Sometimes inbetween overs you guys must go to ads but we stick with it, and earlier on could hear Chappell talking inbetween overs about how bad Wade is with the gloves

7. Clint

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Wade has not had a great test match with the gloves.

Re challenge - the Lankans were one dead and we had used one successful challenge, so I assumed it must have been for the Phil Hughes catch??? obviously not - but how could we have used one successful challenge and they were only 1 fa?
    [hr]
    and yep - you were right. The inevitable collapse has arrived. Spewin.. I was hoping the Lankans would get about 250 in front to make an interesting day 4.
    [hr]
    Carn Huss...get a wicket mate. Wouldn't the crowd go nuts if he gets a wicket.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I think you got mixed up with the reviews maybe, Australia used 1 unsuccessful one. Siddle hit Thirmanne on the pads early, only just hit the top of the flap, and for some reason Siddle was adamant it was out so they burned one there, was missing by plenty

9. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,788 / 58
    3-0 sweep.

Some shoes to fill now.

Well done guys.

• Like Like x 3