Swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What is the better option

• Keep DCE at the expense of other regular players

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Swap DCE for Hunt and Mcguire

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Stevo

First Grader
What is the better option?

Do we shed other regular first graders to keep DCE at a ridiculous price

or

Do we swap him for Hunt and McGuire for the Broncos and gain another decent up and coming half and the aggressive prop we are missing in the pack?

Keep DCE. He has the ability to make or break a game and you can build a solid team around him and our spine.

You didn't vote.

Wouldn't keeping him and unloading other regulars destroy the culture we have been building for 10 years?

Why is he the issue :huh:

Foz is hardly volunteering and Killer and Snake are 650+ also :cool:

The TPA will naturally form a large portion of Sid's next contract. So the hit to Manly's Cap is comperable to the above three Players.

By 2016 most of the 2004 guys will be retiring anyway.

Have you heard of the term Hypothesis?

He is not the issue but he will be if we are unloading others to keep him at an enormous price.

Clint said:
A changing of the guard was inevitable at some stage.
I'd keep DCE, Boris, Sid & Chez at any cost.
They are all future leaders of the club.
Think we should keep Sid What's-his-name, and let Turtle, Giraffe and Cherrypop go. They are not worth all the cap $$ they take.

HappilyManly said:
By 2016 most of the 2004 guys will be retiring anyway.
But What if they can still cut the mustard ?
Can't see MWSE turning it's back on Killer and Snake.
But I guess 'retirement' could mean ESL.

@Stevo there is a price that becomes a $ too far and a lack of loyalty too much. I hope we don't reach it and that the other unquantifiable advantages of staying with manly prevail.

At this point we just have to give both Sid and the retention committee the benefit of the doubt.

Having said all that, and given we would probably disagree on what is too much, if we do reach that point I would reluctantly vote for letting him go.

I liked some of Jarryd Hayne's arguments in the SMH this morning:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state-of-origin/how-jarryd-hayne-would-bring-the-nrl-into-the-21st-century-20140707-zsyqx.html
I was stunned to see the NRL earns 12% of every players commercial arrangements. Ludicrous. And then the ridiculousness of the NRL having to approve such arrangements. If the system he describes existed, club payments wouldn't be such an issue when the player had other earning capacity. ie - players could play at the club where they;re happy and earn good money from other avenues. Oh ... but then we run into the NRL deciding a player's value. Ludicrouser!!

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/manly-sea-eagles/

Stevo said:
Have you heard of the term Hypothesis?
Yes, but your Poll presented two options based on a single hypothesis . I posed the corollary about the other Player who will be in equal demand :sleepy:

The speculation about Sid's next contract is endless, yet Foz is also off contract at the same time and his probable contract increase is seemingly imaterial.:huh:

There may be Clubs who want to recruit Foz and Manly may continue to value him higher than they do Sid, as they did on their current contracts (650:500) :cool:

As Snake and Killer just extended till end of 2016, their retention is not an issue.

Matai and Matty are the next of the old brigade that are off contract next year.

So far the Manly retention Committee have retained the key Players within the Cap and the Club has remained Premiership contenders. :)

Let whatsisname go and become an immortal at some other club.
Any player who won't play for Manly for free has the wrong attitude altogether, and no loyalty.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6