Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Official statement from Manly board

So gift contract IS a big issue, 2V will not release anyone who he wants to keep and we want to win this year.

globaleagle said:
Are there still reports of a crisis going on?

Yawning-Yellow.gif
I prefer the fish and I'd like to request another vid of a seriously weird animal.
Please.:)
To remain on the thread topic the animal could be; disgruntled, discontent, trying to get out of something or upset that his friend is leaving.;)

the mauler said:
No comfort in that statement.
When we look for positives we find them feathered friend and the comfort here is the board supports 2V and we are as one . This to me is a Crisis Killer for the media :cool:

BOZO said:
the mauler said:
When we look for positives we find them feathered friend and the comfort here is the board supports 2V and we are as one . This to me is a Crisis Killer for the media :cool:

What did you expect the board to say?? That they don't support Tooves??

the mauler said:
BOZO said:
the mauler said:

The board supports Tooves and have faith in Tooves because this is the same board that gave him the job and have extended his contract . Now the media can go and get F###d :)

the mauler said:

If they are as dysfunctional as they are supposed to be they should have said they don't support Tooves, they are glad to be rid of Gift next year and they hope the club doesn't win another match this season just to spite him.

MadMarcus said:
the mauler said:

If they are as dysfunctional as they are supposed to be they should have said they don't support Tooves, they are glad to be rid of Gift next year and they hope the club doesn't win another match this season just to spite him.

That's how Frothfield will report it tomorrow.

To be fair if most of you lot did not over react every time time rothfield "wrote" something I would think then he would not "write" it

the mauler said:
MadMarcus said:
the mauler said:

The board that runs the most successful NRL team in the past 10 years gets no credit from the Froth because positive stories don't sell . Don't let this Fool Frothfield ruffle your feathers feathered friend . Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!! :D

lsz said:
To be fair if most of you lot did not over react every time time rothfield "wrote" something I would think then he would not "write" it

Lol.... As if.

I believe it will be very difficult for Manly to keep Choc, Matai, Snake, DCE and Foz based on what they are worth.
One or two need to go if none of them are prepared to take slightly lower salaries than the market- but still very good thou.

Choc, Gift and Snake have not taken pay cuts for the "group" to stay together. All they have done is back end load contracts. Gift worth 850k this year? Chic worth 950k next year?

If they truely cared about the Manly club and keeping the senior players together, they should take real pay cuts. The club made the right decision with Gift.
I think they should grant Matai a release if a true 4 year deal is on the table from the Warriors - Manly certainly will not offer Matai another 3 years after next year.

The mastermind of this back end loaded salary strategy - none other than Des Hasler. Gotta feel sorry for 2v.

No surprises in the statement from the board. I don't think things will change with the agenda being driven. I'm sure the media will twist this and have their spin on this tomorrow.

BOZO said:
the mauler said:
MadMarcus said:
the mauler said:

The board that runs the most successful NRL team in the past 10 years gets no credit from the Froth because positive stories don't sell . Don't let this Fool Frothfield ruffle your feathers feathered friend . Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!! :D

Well said, feathered friend. One thing is for sure though, we all hope he gags to death on his own froth. Fair dinkum, an agenda driven, spiteful and jealous misrepresentation of the ethics of fair and impartial journalism. Little, little sad man.

I can understand if there is a feeling in the team that Cherry has gone about this not in the spirit of the players culture.

yes, a bloke can do whatever he wants to get good coin, but IF it is true that players over the years have agreed to & stayed for less than they could have gotten elsewhere or asked from manly, then Cherry is breaking this bond that may have been built over the years to stay together at some cost.

Again, IF this is the case, you can understand the distaste of a player only caring about himself at the expense of others, and there may be thought that Cherry has a number of years to earn good coin as the core retire in the next couple of years and salary caps keep increasing.

Then Cherry could also say he might break a leg in the next couple of years, so should be getting what he is worth now.

No facts here, just thinking what i would be thinking of a young gun coming in to my TEAM and weakening it for his own good.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10