Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
After the dust settled and I got over the initial shock of losing Gift, I got to actually agree with the decision the club was FORCED to make. (The NRL could have stepped in, but seriously, as if Greenturd would change the rules to suit Manly)

Gift is gone in 2 years no matter what. He'll retire. It's not a very bright organisation that doesn't invest in it's future and doesn't spend it's money wisely. Would you seriously let JSL or Ferris leave ? Someone was going to have to be let go.

The guys in question have been unbelievable servants to our club. Choc has one year left and if he thinks he is better off playing elsewhere in 2016, he'll go with the fans blessing. Same with Skivvy. But I seriously doubt they will leave if the club tables an offer. The NRL won't register pissy amounts to either of them so they'll sign because ultimately, they know that winning and playing their entire careers at one club is a valuable thing. Leaving for a little more (if it's on offer) isn't worth it.

Snake will play out his career at Manly.

Sid and Foz will get looked after and rightly so. They're marquee players and should get 5 year deals each worth good money. They deserve it, because frankly, replacing them with players of the same quality will be pretty much impossible and cost a packet anyway.

If a nuffie like me can figure this out, I'm sure the idea has dawned on someone as smart as Perry as well.

So everyone just needs to take a bex and a good lie down. Whatever happens, this club will continue to thrive and be a force.

Lean years ?.........They're for other clubs. Not the mighty Eagles.

simon64 said:
After the dust settled and I got over the initial shock of losing Gift, I got to actually agree with the decision the club was FORCED to make. (The NRL could have stepped in, but seriously, as if Greenturd would change the rules to suit Manly)

Gift is gone in 2 years no matter what. He'll retire. It's not a very bright organisation that doesn't invest in it's future and doesn't spend it's money wisely. Would you seriously let JSL or Ferris leave ? Someone was going to have to be let go.

The guys in question have been unbelievable servants to our club. Choc has one year left and if he thinks he is better off playing elsewhere in 2016, he'll go with the fans blessing. Same with Skivvy. But I seriously doubt they will leave if the club tables an offer. The NRL won't register pissy amounts to either of them so they'll sign because ultimately, they know that winning and playing their entire careers at one club is a valuable thing. Leaving for a little more (if it's on offer) isn't worth it.

Snake will play out his career at Manly.

Sid and Foz will get looked after and rightly so. They're marquee players and should get 5 year deals each worth good money. They deserve it, because frankly, replacing them with players of the same quality will be pretty much impossible and cost a packet anyway.

If a nuffie like me can figure this out, I'm sure the idea has dawned on someone as smart as Perry as well.

So everyone just needs to take a bex and a good lie down. Whatever happens, this club will continue to thrive and be a force.

Lean years ?.........They're for other clubs. Not the mighty Eagles.

Great post Simon, couldn't of said it better myself!

Jerry1 said:
Moops said:
bob dylan said:
Why not report the positive. Headline could be

Manly to sign DCE and Foran for life.

Let be honest if we lose those 3 oldies and keep our halves I wouldn't be too upset.

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to say it...There isn't a chance in hell of Brett Stewart or Watmough getting anywhere near what they are getting at Manly. Delusions of grandeur, or just plain dumb, I 'm not sure? The club should call their bluff

Lol,

It isn't about money for these players. That's for the new kids on the block who haven't earned the undying loyalty of their piers yet.

Manly pier?

Braith Anasta said on Sportsnight he knows there are players at Manly who don't like each other lol Braith the new mole.

No one likes us and we don't like each other lol

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Is the fat Greek ... on a board still ?
He should take a long walk off a short pier.

Darren said:
Braith Anasta said on Sportsnight he knows there are players at Manly who don't like each other lol Braith the new mole.

If I had a mole I'd call it Braith...

Yeah Choc's going no where if the above numbers are right. He would be worried that he will not receive an offer next year though.

If anyone is likely to be at other teams next year it will be Matai to the Warriors and B Stewart to the Dogs.

oh well one good thing is that in 5 years time when all of the Fat Greeks *friends* have left or retired then he will have no more inside gossip

No you guys are all wrong.

Matthew Johns knows the players very well and the big 3 are leaving. Warriors, Eels and Dogs according to Mr Fidelity.

Darren said:

I thought it was a good interview in it's full context. Yes he said it was no secret that there are a cpl players that don't get on, as there are at most clubs. But went onto say it is testament to the players particularly the senior playing group that their onfield performances are top shelf. As he went onto say,
"bad team harmony off-field usually reflects on the field and score board. Not in Manlys case, they seem to thrive on it". (I think Braith was a little jealous :D)

How truthful are all the dollar amounts quoted by Massoud? Might be very truthful and if so who is handing out this private information? I know we can guess that one and it is a disgrace.

bob dylan said:
No you guys are all wrong.

Matthew Johns knows the players very well and the big 3 are leaving. Warriors, Eels and Dogs according to Mr Fidelity.

If Matty Johns said that, I'm super confident we will keep all of them. His strikerate is abysmal. He said that Bennett was going to the Gold Coast the other day.... Lol

Are there still reports of a crisis going on?

Yawning-Yellow.gif

- hopefully this emoticon made you all yawn.

Does matty take phone calls? Someone ring and ask, or tweet and ask what happened to all his 100% correct info about the mass exodus with De$?

What I don't understand is that Matai is quoted today in a SMH article saying that the Warriors had tabled him an offer, Isn't this against the rules? I didn't think a offer could be tabled whilst a player still had a year to run on their contract, until November.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10