1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuart resigns

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by gomanly, May 24, 2010.

1. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was always going to happen, Ricky Stuart has resigned from the sharks and will leave at the end of the season.
    As much as I hate the guy the sharks will not be able to attract any players for next year with the assistant coach Flannagan said to take over, although this adds more credit to the Natahn Brown rumors.

2. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Stewart resigns

Just realised I spelt the pricks name wrong in the heading, sorry about that.

3. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Re: Stewart resigns

hahahahaha
    this thread would be sooo much better with a -
    if it read Stewart re-signs :)

hate ricky
    love gifty n brett

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    fixed the title.....

Worst coach going around this bloke, lost so many games that should have been won with him at the helm, including origin and international

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Flanagan may do better than a lot of people expect, he is a good coach and has deserved an NRL slot for a while, although it is going to be a hell of a job to turn that rabble around.

6. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    speaking of the sharks, I was dumbfounded at how hard they worked to try and throw that game away on the weekend.

They were an unconverted try up, about 2 minutes left 4th tackle and they deliberately stripped the ball on halfway.

They were lucky to survive and all because of their own stupidity.

What about Barrett as well, has a one man overlap 5 out and decides to straighten up, hit the line spin and attempt an impossible ball out the back.

My god it was like they were trying to lose it

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    With revelations the Pakis tanked the Sydney Test (so much for the Aussie heroics) I would not be surprised if several suspicious games unfold as the season progresses, particularly with sides with nothing to play for and an axe to grind.

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    hehe even for you that is drawing a very long bow.

what is different between this season and any other.

And I'm sure Mr. Akmal and his legal team would be very interested in your conclusions :)

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Will be interesting to see if he ends up with the Tigers

10. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    He will be at the Rabbits with Lang going back to a directors role - throw in a smoky and the Dragons with Bennett going back the Broncos.

Stuart wouldnt leave without the possiblity of distroying another club....

11. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Talk about a rat leaving a sinking ship

12. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    That's an interesting observation from the fan of a Rugby team who owe their place in the final to a thrown game last weekend in the order to secure an all SA final in the Rugby!! Lots of credibility in resting 14 players. I suppose this weekend will show????

13. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    That's an interesting observation from the fan of a Rugby team who owe their place in the final to a thrown game last weekend in the order to secure an all SA final in the Rugby!! Lots of credibility in resting 14 players. I suppose this weekend will show????
    [/quote]

Go you good thing CW!

You forgot giving food poisoning to the All Blacks in order to steal a world cup rugby title. 

14. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It is very common for a side that has secured a sure spot on the competition table to rest their players before a finals series.  I can guarantee the Waratahs would have done the same thing if they were good enough to finish first. 

And I believe we owe our spot in the final due to a 25-6 flogging of said Waratahs.  The Waratahs wouldn;t have crossed that stripe wether the game was played in Sydney, Cape Town, Sowetho or Colombo. 

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Rugby is ****

16. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Who exactly does Mata follow, I have trouble keeping up.

17. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    It is strange he follows a country (ie the hairy backs) and their teams that stood idle and let his native land wither on the vine into a bankrupt, poverty stricken mess.

Anyway each to their own....

18. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    He follows South Africa, which is obvious given he is from next door in  Rhodesia.  It's a bit like us following the Kiwis. 

19. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
  20. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It's a bit like us following the Kiwis. 
    [/quote]  Not really, as the Kiwis have their own team.  Rhodesia was just viewed as a province in the SA Currie Cup and our best players went to the Springboks (when they weren't being shot to **** by Malcolm Fraser's good mate).  Ray Mordt and Dave Smith layed in the Boks victory over the Lions in 1980, just when I started taking an interest in proceedings.