Strength and conditioning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll trust Donny, he has done it a few times before with some ok results over the last 10 years

Even sam burgees got stinks on the side lines. Seems to be working for them, they ate a very fit side and play strongly for 80 mins. Their forwards dont seem to tire towards the back end of matches.
Well they won't be fit for too much longer if they keep eating other footy sides.....it's no wonder Burgees got the stinks! @;)
fat-guy-eating-a-lot-of-food.1.jpg

we hardly used the bench on Saturday, 47 minutes from 3 players (Sao, Leary and Turbo)with JSL the most used at 34 minutes giving just 81 minutes in total

On the contrary, most of our forwards have actually bulked up a little - if you read/believe the stats on the official website, anyway. Starling has gone from 104 to 108kg, JSL from 103 to 108kg, and there was someone else as well. Tafua in the backline is up to 105kg, as is Cheyse Blair. Lawrence looked massive when I saw him in the flesh (Parra game) - actually almost looked too muscle-bound TBH. Though lack of prep wasn't helping I guess. I do agree we looked unfit though. Mateo missed two 1-1 tackles in the last 15 which led to long Melbourne breaks. I think he should get more time off the field. Dunno why Turbo only got 5 minutes.

Lol I love the contradictory nature of this thread. Someone says they want blokes to be bigger which makes it harder to go for 80 min then others complain about endurance (are we too big haha). Make up your mind. For the record the players have showed regular improvement in strength from the most recent results I saw (source/sauce lol). Donny is good he's been there for years. He is under resourced but runs a good program. I would point to rotation and improper player loading being the problem. Donny had us as the fittest team in the nrl for years. Our endurance and defence in the back end of games was a source of pride. That's not the s and c department. That's the high performance manager, the gps geeks and the coaching staff. Love tooves but I sometimes wonder how much stock he puts in the very technical area of player loading. Seems to work some guys to borderline exhaustion and others barely play.

IMO they are trying to squeeze too much out of the same blokes. We are better individually than a heap of the benchmarks nrl players are judged on but if you play more minutes than your rivals unless you are an insane endurance athlete then logically you're going to look worse than your opponents.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8