Game Day: Storm v Manly [Round 19, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey! I meant to say:

Did anyone see that late in the game, dce makes a tackle on Manly's right hand side and the tackled player actually took a swing at Daly, and did connect? Daly laughed it off as it was probably more a graze but: A punch is an automatic 10 mins!

edit: 1:17 to go, it was Munster. And right...right in front of the touchie.

hHpGnnI.jpg

9nk1xMs.jpg

DCE laughs it off.

E9zZqP0.jpg

Last edited:

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
I got really pissed off before the game with Melbourne fans, players and coaches denying the tactics of slowing the game down. Then I got really pissed off at the game by the number of Melbourne fans complaining that Manly were slowing the play the ball down :banghead: @:mad: and every very time Melbourne forgot to slow it down we made 20-30 meters.
So here are some stats:
Every team that has played the storm this season has had an average play the ball slower than their season average. I've added Manly as a comparison, it would not seem that we employ the same tactic.
upload_2019-8-1_14-4-46.png

47MVEagle

Bencher
That probably means we have won the most golden games? I think hokko got at least one of his for us. Also we won the first one with Ben walker kicking.

I remember that game at Brookie vs Parra.

We used to call Walker the Waterboy because he looked a bit like Adam Sandler lol.

He gave us a lot more than Noddy in the halves yet was on 20% of Noddy's salary at the time!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Rugby_League_golden_point_games

Panthers have won the most with 11 golden point wins (from 18).

We have 8 golden point wins from 15 matches:

2003 vs Parramatta, Brookvale (Ben Walker)
2016 vs Warriors, Perth (DCE)
2017 vs Raiders, Canberra (Dylan Walker)
2017 vs Raiders, Brookvale (DCE)
2017 vs Warriors, Auckland (DCE)
2018 vs Sharks, Cronulla (DCE)
2019 vs Rabbitohs, Brookvale (DCE)
2019 vs Storm, Melbourne (DCE)

Look how many games DCE has won for us

No wonder he gets all the money

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember that game at Brookie vs Parra.

We used to call Walker the Waterboy because he looked a bit like Adam Sandler lol.

He gave us a lot more than Noddy in the halves yet was on 20% of Noddy's salary at the time!

Good work ... what is the source of the data?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Craig Bellamy said NRL referees boss Bernie Sutton rang him to admit officials incorrectly ruled a forward pass from Justin Olam to Josh Addo-Carr in the final 90 seconds of the Storm's 11-10 golden point loss to Manly.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/sutton-tells-bellamy-wrong-call-made-on-olam-pass/

FFS I hate Bellamy and everything storm related. Why they are worshipped like they are infallible is beyond me. Proabably to do with the media ownership. I hope Bernie rings all coaches personally on Monday to apologise for the probable and actual ref errors that we are continually told to embrace as they are simply human errors.
My goodness they are an entitled pack of tosspots.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Craig Bellamy said NRL referees boss Bernie Sutton rang him to admit officials incorrectly ruled a forward pass from Justin Olam to Josh Addo-Carr in the final 90 seconds of the Storm's 11-10 golden point loss to Manly.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/sutton-tells-bellamy-wrong-call-made-on-olam-pass/

FFS I hate Bellamy and everything storm related. Why they are worshipped like they are infallible is beyond me. Proabably to do with the media ownership. I hope Bernie rings all coaches personally on Monday to apologise for the probable and actual ref errors that we are continually told to embrace as they are simply human errors.

Addo-Carr (no slouch) was alongside Olam and has to dive forwards to catch that ball.

How on Earth was it not forwards?

The Who

Journey Man

And he also apologised for not awarding Melbourne the drop goal that hit the upright because, at The Storm, close enough is always good enough.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
O

Did he apologise for the two ridiculous forward pass calls against us, or the supposed knock on in golden point on a play that put DCE in a try scoring position after a bomb?

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
He passes on 25 meter and it caught on 30 meter line to me that is 4 to 5 metres forward forward
FEDD3FC9-E0D3-4B82-95F7-9333F45470C8.png
20AA5315-6A20-444F-9564-D01B2DE5B9D7.png

Shoe1

Journey Man

The pass was more forward than the rts one.

Laughable that Bellamy is talking up a technological solution- if it had been in over the last decade he would hardly have won a game due to scam’s default forward pass from dummy half.

Scam may even have been “no-balled” out of the game.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
He passes on 25 meter and it caught on 30 meter line to me that is 4 to 5 metres forward forward
This was discussed at length last year (and I'm guilty of doing the same). You can't determine whether a pass was forward based on the distance it travels before another player catches it. Its whether the ball left the hands of the player in the direction of the goal line.
That being said, these are the shots you want:
upload_2019-8-2_15-25-25.png

upload_2019-8-2_15-22-42.png

It's not exactly conclusive, so considering what else is let go you could say you were hard done by. Really, it was he fact that he held the ball out in front for so long combined with the fact that the winger had to go to ground to make the catch that sealed it.

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This was discussed at length last year (and I'm guilty of doing the same). You can't determine whether a pass was forward based on the distance it travels before another player catches it. Its whether the ball left the hands of the player in the direction of the goal line.
That being said, these are the shots you want:
View attachment 12021
View attachment 12020
It's not exactly conclusive, so considering what else is let go you say you were hard done by. Really, it was he fact that he held the ball out in front for so long combined with the fact that the winger had to go to ground to make the catch that sealed it.

Yup, I've posted that video a few times on here. It still amazes me that when the ball passer gets stopped by a tackle, the refs will always pull the pass up as a forwards pass, but if he passes and keeps on running...the ball goes over the same trajectory and yet it's all good. (If you know what I'm saying)

The storm pics.... looks like his hands are facing forward to mine. Cartel Sutton had a chance to say that but bowed under the bellamy pressure backed up ably by media giants.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14