Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Given that we'll probably be playing a busted Roosters I'd say we're a good shot to play the Panthers in week 3. That will be the real test.

Ironically, if the Eels keep their form up they might be able to upset the Storm in week 3, if we upset the Panthers it could end up being a Manly Parra GF.

Big ifs though after that garbage fire of a performance.
Honestly mate I don’t know how they can come back from tonight , mentally they are now scarred.

We were terrible but seriously the Storm are average.. that was a very average game and we handed it to them... Jake and Marty i just don’t get why they constantly hold on to tackled players.. and go in for second efforts all for what.. releasing any pressure ... by giving away penalties

Reminded me of the end of last season, and start of this one. Completely dominated in every area of the game, and outclassed in all facets, by a bigger, better, hungrier, tougher team.
You must give them credit , and their coach , they played the perfect game to nullify Tom, and to attack our youngsters.

Wasabi did ok , the rest , overawed.

Going to be too much wrist slashing here tonight it’s all DCE fault Tom phoning it in too soft fmd fact is we were lucky it’s the worst comp for years and there always were only 2 in it much like 2007 and 2008. We will be better for this in the future either in coming weeks or next year
We were exposed badly and I don't know I think we won't be better for the experience, we are a long long way off even being in the same league of panthers and storm.

I do feel the ref played a part in allowing The Storm to control the ruck, especially on tackles one and two, and that set the theme.

But yeah, we got out coached tonight. We got out played. What's disappointing, is we are much better than that, but we had too many players not putting in.
It's composure through well drilled group tackling that creates control and dominance in the tackle, should be rewarded. It is not like our forwards or backs looked like penetrating through the other side to win the ruck.

Night matches in slippery conditions are not good for Manly, we need dry fast tracks that give us confidence to spread the ball early. Under tonights conditions a rushing up defence creates enough in your face moments to either cause unforced look up errors or ball movement that is not crisp enough to trouble defences.

We were terrible but seriously the Storm are average.. that was a very average game and we handed it to them... Jake and Marty i just don’t get why they constantly hold on to tackled players.. and go in for second efforts all for what.. releasing any pressure ... by giving away penalties
That's just being lazy mate. They are fatigued and being lazy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8