Storm salary cap scandal sends top players scarpering from banned agents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Adrian Proszenko
May 27, 2012

A big-name international player will attempt to wriggle out of his contract with one of the banned agents in what is looming as a test case for the NRL. Three managers - George Mimis, Isaac Moses and David Riolo - are banned from conducting business for six months for their roles in the Storm salary cap scandal. All have protested their innocence and are exploring legal options. Sin Bin has been told several players managed by the agents are considering jumping ship. Barrister Alex Giurtalis, at the request of player agent/solicitor Jason Arraj, has reviewed the situation and believes the players could have legal grounds to extricate themselves from their managers. ''In contracts where individuals are named as principals of the company, depending on what's in the contract, there might be scope for the players to terminate them,'' Giurtalis said. Arraj added: ''Obviously, confusion abounds for some of the players managed by the banned agents. It's my understanding that, if they are not happy with the service they are currently receiving, there could be an opportunity for them to terminate their relationship and look at alternate management options.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storm-salary-cap-scandal-sends-top-players-scarpering-from-banned-agents-20120526-1zbow.html#ixzz1w1kqabYz

Do any of these agents represent any of our big guns?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6