Storm $600K over salary cap for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am sure Storm will be able to off load one of their minor players which they have been underpaying for years so they can accommodate 3 future millionaire immortals under the cap.

We certainly need an outside back more than we need another big forward.
But what makes anyone think we have any spare money? Or are you factoring in the NRL helping us out?

Given, as stated in the DT (questionable at best I know) with the Cronulla cap issues:

".... the club will be unable to use star recruit Shaun Johnson until they are cap-compliant due to the NRL’s ‘first in, first out’ rule which states a club can’t use the most recent player signed until they are back under the cap."

Applying to the Storm their last one in was Cam Smith .... wouldn't that be a shame.

Given, as stated in the DT (questionable at best I know) with the Cronulla cap issues:

".... the club will be unable to use star recruit Shaun Johnson until they are cap-compliant due to the NRL’s ‘first in, first out’ rule which states a club can’t use the most recent player signed until they are back under the cap."

Applying to the Storm their last one in was Cam Smith .... wouldn't that be a shame.
Sharks just scammed that by signing Segeyaro today :mad:

https://twitter.com/Cronulla_Sharks/status/1100177208692301824?s=19

Chiko is a pawn
https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/status/1100292511770193920?s=19

So the Melbourne Drizzle are yet again over the cap, wonder what sanction the NRL will impose?? Its all right news limited will merely write it off as a debt, Frigging pathetic!!! Our club was dragged through the mud over our investigation and it will take years to recover, this lot just carry on with their win at all costs mentality and the joke to NRL fans is that Greenturd says it is a fair and even comp, when we all know it is not the case. Another black eye for the game and this again happens during Greenturds tenure as CEO. When are the clubs going to understand that he and his mate Beattle need to be flicked and we need a review of the salary cap and how it works, I am writing a bleeding obvious solution to fix this and the game needs to deal with this. No Real Leadership!!!

How funny has rugby league become?
Cronulla the latest to take the p*ss.
I can see a TV series from it: "Clueless"

So the Melbourne Drizzle are yet again over the cap, wonder what sanction the NRL will impose?? Its all right news limited will merely write it off as a debt, Frigging pathetic!!! Our club was dragged through the mud over our investigation and it will take years to recover, this lot just carry on with their win at all costs mentality and the joke to NRL fans is that Greenturd says it is a fair and even comp, when we all know it is not the case. Another black eye for the game and this again happens during Greenturds tenure as CEO. When are the clubs going to understand that he and his mate Beattle need to be flicked and we need a review of the salary cap and how it works, I am writing a bleeding obvious solution to fix this and the game needs to deal with this. No Real Leadership!!!

I am doing a masters degree in sports management and I have just done last year a paper on this exact subject you are referring to gamership model where clubs go to extreme length to win matches and gain competitive advantages by any means possible and disregarding the games integrity.

To me the Melbourne Storm just are a very protected team and while Todd is here nothing will change.

It is again examples like is why the game is losing so many fans and members more now than ever. Really even if Todd was to to be kicked out of the game I would not trust the new administration at all, there is way to much self interest at play in administrators of this sport.

Last edited:
Media reports suggest Storm are trying to offload players to get under cap before start of season, if no takers the NRL will sideline Cam Smith.

Hmmm where's the fine?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/0f32d221d6455f24216774f0355d2fc3

anyway - I'm beside myself over the issue…..
Wow who would have thunk it?.
Come on greenburg how ru going to polish this little turd.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE
NOT THIER GO
THE GAME NEEDS A HEALTHY MELBOURNE(it doesn't)
I HAVE A PERSONEL RELATIONSHIP WITH STORM AND AM HAPPY TO VOUCH FOR THIER cough cough cough CREDIBILITY

Wow who would have thunk it?.
Come on greenburg how ru going to polish this little turd.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE
NOT THIER GO
THE GAME NEEDS A HEALTHY MELBOURNE(it doesn't)
I HAVE A PERSONEL RELATIONSHIP WITH STORM AND AM HAPPY TO VOUCH FOR THIER cough cough cough CREDIBILITY
How about, “I’ve spoken to the Storm and it seems there is some ambiguity over what guaranteeing a third party deal means. The storm only agreed to source third party sponsors on a best endeavours basis, so I can see why they made that mistake. It’s not clear so we will clear the rule up, you have my word on that, because we don’t want good honest clubs like the storm going through this uncertainty. I apologise to the storm, their sponsors, members and fans for any distress caused.”

Media reports suggest Storm are trying to offload players to get under cap before start of season, if no takers the NRL will sideline Cam Smith.

Hmmm where's the fine?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/0f32d221d6455f24216774f0355d2fc3

anyway - I'm beside myself over the issue…..
As the last one signed, he is in the same situation as Johnson at Cronulla. Can you imagine the scrambling at NRL headquarters to not have to do that to a former Australian skipper? He held out for more cash & it might just bite him in the Payne Haas!

I am doing a masters degree in sports management and I have just done last year a paper on this exact subject you are referring to gamership model where clubs go to extreme length to win matches and gain competitive advantages by any means possible and disregarding the games integrity.

To me the Melbourne Storm just are a very protected team and while Todd is here nothing will change.

It is again examples like is why the game is losing so many fans and members more now than ever. Really even if Todd was to to be kicked out of the game I would not trust the new administration at all, there is way to much self interest at play in administrators of this sport.
I've just started my bachelors in this.. How are you finding it? So much to do with european trade acts wasnt what I was expecting to.start off with

They're protected , because having a team in Melbourne gives the deluded NRL the legitimacy they've always craved for in having a national competition to rival the AFL.

They're funded by the NRL. Says it all.
They have ruined the comp since joining. They had their fluke early GF win before all the rorting started. Then they've been in the finals every firken year since. They've changed the way the game is played with their dirty tactics.
They are protected purple scum.
I do not like!:sick:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10