STEWART SAYS NO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
STEWART SAYS NO
BRETT STEWART is likely to knock back a lucrative offer by News Ltd to settle a defamation case. The Manly star is believed to be between $300,000 and $400,000 out of pocket after covering legal expenses. He was found not guilty of sexual assault allegations in September. It is understood the Manly fullback is holding out for a bigger payout. News recently settled another defamation matter filed by former Parramatta Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/league-star-risking-everything-20110122-1a0i6.html

Good, he'll have a good case for defamation with some of the things that were printed. And I'm sure he can go after more than News.

Good on you Brett, take these bastards for as much as you can. It's a pity you can't sue Gallop directly.

good on him well done.. now the tables have turned.. you watch him play this season,,  he`s got nothing to worry about now or have any of it on his mind no more, the mere fact they want to  compensate  him proves NEWS & gallop were wrong..  yep hold out  go for double what you spent on legal fees & then some more..

im happy .. & thanks to every one who wrote to  news limited & emailed them .. i did &  so did  many more  & dnt forget mata`s petition
WELL DONE PPL.. ;)

Hope he takes them to the cleaners... but equally I hope he insists on a written news limited apology.

manlyborn link said:
Hope he takes them to the cleaners... but equally I hope he insists on a written news limited apology.
I'd like to see him take on the Tampax, sorry Fairfax organisation too. Peter 'The Eunuch' Fitzsimons in particular should be in Stewart's legal team's sights.

With their offer, News Ltd have recognised they are significantly exposed to being found guilty of defamation.

So where is Gallop's voice in support of this NRL player being mistreated by the media? Where is his outrage at the way Brett Stewart was treated? When has he EVER criticised News Ltd's or any other media's treatment of Brett Stewart?

Every player in the game should recognise that Gallop is not the man to support or protect the players from unfair or illegal mistreatment of them. And never will be.

Thats because Gallop isnt the best person to be running the game.

Can only hope the independant commision gets rid of him soon

If his legal team is smart, they focus on the "media group" first and foremost, then once that tidy sum is paid, he focuses on the individuals involved.

Same in Banking. The Bank can be sued, then individuals can be sued as well.

Rex link said:
With their offer, News Ltd have recognised they are significantly exposed to being found guilty of defamation.

So where is Gallop's voice in support of this NRL player being mistreated by the media? Where is his outrage at the way Brett Stewart was treated? When has he EVER criticised News Ltd's or any other media's treatment of Brett Stewart?

Every player in the game should recognise that Gallop is not the man to support or protect the players from unfair or illegal mistreatment of them. And never will be.

It's up to us as members to put pressure on the club regarding Gallop and his continued involvement in the game. I have told the club that I refuse to renew my membership until they publicly state whether they will be supporting David Gallop in his quest to pursue an executive role in the new IC. After the way Gallop treated our club, and Brett Stewart personally, during his court case, I'd be gobsmacked if the club could be so stupid as to endorse Gallop in any way shape or form. On the contrary they should be very vocal in their opposition to this muppet having anything to do with our game.

WELL DONE BRETT........... It's your turn now, the long wait is over !!!!!!!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
STEWART SAYS NO
BRETT STEWART is likely to knock back a lucrative offer by News Ltd to settle a defamation case. The Manly star is believed to be between $300,000 and $400,000 out of pocket after covering legal expenses. He was found not guilty of sexual assault allegations in September. It is understood the Manly fullback is holding out for a bigger payout. News recently settled another defamation matter filed by former Parramatta Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/league-star-risking-everything-20110122-1a0i6.html

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186313.msg312837#msg312837 date=1295739823]

It's up to us as members to put pressure on the club regarding Gallop and his continued involvement in the game. I have told the club that I refuse to renew my membership until they publicly state whether they will be supporting David Gallop in his quest to pursue an executive role in the new IC. After the way Gallop treated our club, and Brett Stewart personally, during his court case, I'd be gobsmacked if the club could be so stupid as to endorse Gallop in any way shape or form. On the contrary they should be very vocal in their opposition to this muppet having anything to do with our game.
[/quote]

Whilst I agree with everything you say about Gallop, If Manly were to do this they would have no chance of winning another Premiership while ever he is charge. He would see to that. The club should support brett, as they have done but be very wary about what they say about Gallop.  
Brett , on the other hand should take News Ltd for all he can get,  and then sue the dirty little mole who accused him.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186313.msg312856#msg312856 date=1295747369]

[/quote]

Whilst I agree with everything you say about Gallop, If Manly were to do this they would have no chance of winning another Premiership while ever he is charge. He would see to that. The club should support brett, as they have done but be very wary about what they say about Gallop.  
Brett , on the other hand should take News Ltd for all he can get,  and then sue the dirty little mole who accused him.
[/quote]

what ya sayin Paul Bones ? Is our game rigged ;)

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186313.msg312865#msg312865 date=1295750632]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186313.msg312856#msg312856 date=1295747369]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.  Because its NOT our game. They only say that when it suits them. It is Channel 9's game

Bones link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186313.msg312866#msg312866 date=1295750892]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.  Because its NOT our game. They only say that when it suits them. It is Channel 9's game
[/quote]

Funny that you attack Channel 9 cause they paid what equals a large percentage of his legal bill for his exclusive interview with Gus Gould late last year

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Bones link=topic=186313.msg312867#msg312867 date=1295751686]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186313.msg312866#msg312866 date=1295750892]

[/quote]

Brett , on the other hand should take News Ltd for all he can get,  and then sue the dirty little mole who accused him.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny that you attack Channel 9 cause they paid what equals a large percentage of his legal bill for his exclusive interview with Gus Gould late last year
[/quote]

I seriously doubt it was a large percentage, what the goin rate for an exclusive interview maybe $20,000

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8