Stats for Round 1 (so far)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Manly dominate the stats - both good and bad.

We can offload and make metres - that’s for sure.

If we can cut out the crap, we will win more than we lose with our metres and second phase play. We also need composure to capitalise on our great field position.
https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Clay

Bencher
Discipline has been one of our biggest problems under Baz, looks like it will be again this year. Stop being there 'mate' for 5 mins, rip off a door and show some authority that this will no longer be tolerated.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I know we need to cut out all the stupid penalties but how predictable are the refs. As the game started I turned to my other half and predicted we would be penalised within the first 3mins, that we would be 5/2 penalties at half time as well as predicting when practically all of the penalties would be blown. I am no mind reader so the refs are just waaay too predictable it has to be suss

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor

If we can cut out the crap, we will win more than we lose with our metres and second phase play. We also need composure to capitalise on our great field position.
Well summed up.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member

I'm inclined to wait and see how our stats stack up after a game against the Storm or Cowboys. I don't think Newcastle, with players playing their first game together, will be the "gold standard" to compare to in top eight opposition teams we will be facing.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We do get penalized excessively and, as others have said, its partly due to the refs' anti-Manly factor, but I also think TB could read the riot act (if he doesn't already) and tell the players to cut down on at least the little silly ones (e.g. play the ball, back-chatting, etc) which are quite avoidable and can be so costly.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
We do get penalized excessively and, as others have said, its partly due to the refs' anti-Manly factor, but I also think TB could read the riot act (if he doesn't already) and tell the players to cut down on at least the little silly ones (e.g. play the ball, back-chatting, etc) which are quite avoidable and can be so costly.
Agree, and I am sure he rips them a new one after every game ... but he has only one recourse and that is to drop the offender(s) to reggies ..

I can only imagine the increase in traffic on this site following the Baz statement "I have dropped Jake and Kapow to reggies for giving away numbnut penalties"

In most teams I played in the captain was in charge of on-field discipline ... and I played with a couple you wouldn't piss-off for quids ... DCE has to assert his authority ... time to be both respected and feared ..

Fluffy

Journey Man
I have to admit, I am sick to the back teeth of piggy back penalties under the Barrett regime.

about 90% of them are subjective and the ref then ignores something just as bad in the next set of 6 = just no consistency in rulings.

You don't make 300m more than opposition without dominating the ruck yet we copped more penalties for it as that is how the ref saw it.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
How is it the coaches fault for all the penalties? There's some really silly penalties that we give away and if we keep doing so we are gonna lose more games than we win.
Because the coach is responsible for the way the team plays...you know, discipline and what not. You can't pick and choose what is and is not happening under the coaches watch. I don't have it in for Barrett, but I do think our side has a tendency to give away a lot of holding in the ruck penalties.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
We'll be fine, folks.
I was annoyed at the awful handling skills and the lazy penalties, but we were the far superior team on the night and given a few games we'll be a very well running machine.
26 round season, we'll win more than we lose.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12