State of Origin Game III (2017)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
I am waiting for someone to call for Green

I think someone did, but I assume it was a joke.

But seriously - Qld have been playing two 7s (Cronk and Thurston) for years, what's the big deal if your two best halves options wear the same number for their clubs? Pick two 6s if they're your best players, who cares?

I think someone did, but I assume it was a joke.

But seriously - Qld have been playing two 7s (Cronk and Thurston) for years, what's the big deal if your two best halves options wear the same number for their clubs? Pick two 6s if they're your best players, who cares?

It works if it is JT and cronk not maloney and Keary (or Reynolds)

Yeah, but what 9 in the whole competition is allowed to a) throw forward passes, b) use elbows knees and forearms in tackles, c) tell the officials how his team wants the game refereed, thanks very much, the way Scam Smith is?

That's one position where you've just gotta suck it up and accept you can't match like for like at the moment. Not til that cheating dual-contract bastard retires, at least.
Sorry Yoka I should just agree but when you put your own spin on it I I can't help but rate it funny !!

I didn't see the game and judging by the posts on here It seems that history always repeats it self in SOO as far as the Queenslanders go .
Just when they are written off , Just when all the odds are against them they always seem to find away to a win with their Internal fortitude , true grit and determination .
What does it mean to be a Queenslander ?
Something that NSW may never know
nrl-queenslander-state-of-origin-design.jpg

It works if it is JT and cronk not maloney and Keary (or Reynolds)

Yep, but those two aren't the only options. Maloney isn't that bad as your 'steady' half, chuck a more creative guy like a Gutho or Moylan in there with him and see what happens.

Most of you don't have to live here, I really hate this time of the year now.

And the arrogance that the last 13 years has bred, suggests it might be another 13 years before the tide changes.

Just imagine , it's 2030 and Queensland are going for 15 in a row

**** me , won't that be exciting.

I didn't see the game and judging by the posts on here It seems that history always repeats it self in SOO as far as the Queenslanders go .
Just when they are written off , Just when all the odds are against them they always seem to find away to a win with their Internal fortitude , true grit and determination .
What does it mean to be a Queenslander ?
Something that NSW may never know
View attachment 5929

Geez you get carried away with buying into Uncle NRL's fables sometimes.

Here's a tip: what it means to be a Queenslander? Generally, you're born north of NSW and east of SA and the NT, or reside within those boundaries for a chunk of time. That is all. There's nothing 'different' or 'special' about that. They're just football players, the varieties they come in have nothing whatsoever to do with geography.

Oh, and the borders mentioned above are very malleable when you're talking about Origin* selections.

*may not have any correlation with actual place of origin

There is an old cliche that tonight reminds me of, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Tonight was all about belief and a winning culture. It was obvious after 10 minutes the way this game was going. Queensland stuck to what they know works and NSW were passive and reactive and beaten very easily.

Time for some change. a new coach is needed. Time for a new spine I think and some freshness in the backs. I would love to see Tommy T brought in next year, I would give Cleary a go at half back, Our back row is very strong with good options, Our front row is too hit and miss.

As much as I hate to admit it, we are seeing a very special Queensland team and the combinations they have are so strong. NSW showed 15 minutes of passion tonight, Queensland showed 65 and that was all she wrote!!

Also forgot to add it is not like we did not thrash them in game one / they did the same in game three and there was 2 points in game 2....which almost always seems to happen (they get the close games)
Agree. They always get the close games . They always seem to have the competitive edge against us . The Queenslanders have proven to be absolutely relentless .

Damn the circle jerk for Munster says sayonara DCE

At least until Cronk retires from Origin and that is up in the air right now isn't it? I know they have been saying tonight will be his last but has he himself said so?

No matter what sort of form he's in DCE will only get a look in at halfback.

Most of you don't have to live here, I really hate this time of the year now.

And the arrogance that the last 13 years has bred, suggests it might be another 13 years before the tide changes.

Just imagine , it's 2030 and Queensland are going for 15 in a row

**** me , won't that be exciting.
2030: Qld is being hit by more and more catastrophic weather events and still expecting the rest of the country to bail them out.

Puts it in perspective.

There is an old cliche that tonight reminds me of, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Tonight was all about belief and a winning culture. It was obvious after 10 minutes the way this game was going. Queensland stuck to what they know works and NSW were passive and reactive and beaten very easily.

Time for some change. a new coach is needed. Time for a new spine I think and some freshness in the backs. I would love to see Tommy T brought in next year, I would give Cleary a go at half back, Our back row is very strong with good options, Our front row is too hit and miss.

As much as I hate to admit it, we are seeing a very special Queensland team and the combinations they have are so strong. NSW showed 15 minutes of passion tonight, Queensland showed 65 and that was all she wrote!!
Couldn't agree more with that one phrase, though we're are probably thinking about 2 different types of spines.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10