1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting wingers??

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    No doubt Manly go into 2012 with high expectation but the 1 position definately weakened is on the Wings. Both GF wingers are gone with Mr underrated Robbo who has been arguably our most consistent player for the past several seasons off to the UK. The other young winger love or hate him, was the most gifted youngster in the game & the metres he picked up to get us on a roll or in great field position will be hard to replace.
    Who does everyone have as the top 4-5 wingers at the Seaeagles for 2012??
    For mine its - Wolf - Oldfield - Whare - Farrar - Sipley

2. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Without sounding bitter based on performance i still rate David Williams over Hopoate. If i had a Manly team playing for my life i'd have him and Robbo on the wings[hr]
    Surely Wolf and Oldfield would be our wingers for this season.

3. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    I thought Farrar was superb for us in a team that struggled, and I'm delighted he is back. He can fit into all backline positions, so I'm sure he'll get his chance, and he won't let us down.
    I doubt Wolfman will be ready to start in round one; he'll need to ease his way back; so I expect Farrar and Oldfield to be our wingers in the first match of the season.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    I actually claimed while they were playing for us, I'd rather Williams in for Hopoate, so I totally appreciate what you are saying. It's the other wing position that is up for grabs, and at this stage, I'd probably go for Farrar.

6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Wolfy and Farrar. Ben is also a great backup at full back.

Cant wait for the WCC, as the Leeds' winger was the most effective Player lor the UK.

7. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    If Farrar has any time at fullback ill just lose my ****, he can't catch an std in a brothel

8. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I rate Farrar too.

Wolfman and Farrar for mine ..

9. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    c'mon Shane. tell us how many std's you caught last time you visited such an establishment :D

10. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    None,i was being supportive of a lame friend

Wolf and Olds

11. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Wolfie and Oldfield starting wingers IMO. Whare next in line then Farrar. In saying that I rekon Tooves will go with Wolfie (if fit) and Farrar.

12. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Didn't Blake Davey play wing in the NSW cup last season?

13. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Wolf and Oldfield. Give Oldfield at least til Round 15 so he can have some consistency, rather than being in for 1 then out for 5. He has some class.

14. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    He's gone to Newcastle now unfortunately, apparently the powers that be didn't want him. Shame, I rated him as a future star.

15. km@ntis

km@ntis Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Wolf and Farrar, also highly rate Olds and Whare. Fantastic that Farrar is back after a stint in the UK, I believe the club would've never let him leave if they could've squeezed him in under the cap. Robbo was one of the very best, rock solid and consistent and will be missed.

16. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    is farrah ben's cousin? no farrar on the wing, too slow, remember two years ago everyone either running around or past him. Solid player who won't make many mistakes but not the answer.

17. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    wolf and Farrar with oldfield next in line. Realistically with Wolfy likely injured it will be Oldfield and Farrar

18. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,843 / 192
    All those wingers mentioned will not let us down, they will make us proud!!!

19. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Trials form might also have a bit to do with selection, although wingers can be starved of the ball for long periods in any game. Could be a bolter from almost nowhere will be successful. And if speed is the essential ingredient, training sprints will quickly sort this out. But there is much more than speed. Robbo had a complete game almost free of errors in offence, defence, high ball etc.,but he wasn't the fastest winger. But he was the most effective available. and his reputation today is a very high one. It could take all candidates for the 2012 wing positions a very long time to equal Robbo's contributions.

20. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Ben Farrar will prove to be worth his weight in gold during the season. His super sub ability will be greatly appreciated. As stated in another thread, we have maybe the best backline in the NRL. But we also have maybe the most injury prone. Ben will be an extremely important member of the team.