Standing On The Hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Av8r

Reserve Grader
What's the go with that area on the hill at about the halfway line that has the steel barriers and the yellow crosses painted on the grass?
I thought that was meant to be no standing/seating area. Last night that area was filled with people standing which meant people sitting near that area had their view of the ground blocked.

There would've been no sitting for that one last night. The Hill crowd looked awesome on TV. Who ever initiated the flag promo deserves a pat on the back.:)

There should be a line about halfway up the hill. Sitting in front and standing behind. The line could b further forward for bigger games like last night. That way you could avoid the awkwardness when those who sat on the blanket hours before the game realise they cant see the field once the game starts.

Brookie Brawler said:
There should be a line about halfway up the hill. Sitting in front and standing behind. The line could b further forward for bigger games like last night. That way you could avoid the awkwardness when those who sat on the blanket hours before the game realise they cant see the field once the game starts.
No sitting on the hill!

Those barricades are a nuisance. If they know the crowd is going to be big, and there won't be any room left, why put them there?

THey have now added similar barricades at the top of the hill, but there are too many of them taking up valuable standing room. Only need 2 not 7.

A friend of mine from Doncaster in England (a misguided Chooks fan) messaged me on Facebook earlier today and said that the crowd looked sensational last night with the flags waving. When I told him about the flag give away he said its something that Super League clubs in England should think about doing.

I agree with @wombatgc. Whoever from the club came up with the idea of giving away 5,000 Manly flags last night deserves a bonus in their pay packet. Even the Nein commentators (including the Chook loving Freddie) were full of praise for the way it looked with the flags waving.

Does anyone know what the official purpose of that barricaded area is? If it's to provide a clear path to the bar then it didn't work.

If they want a clean path it needs to be much smaller (1m wide) and go straight up the hill.

Add to that the 3m wide beer queue path that ran past the back of the hill path entrance (yes about 30m long). It would have made sence to match it with the advertising billboard posts but no. By the end of hald time it made sence

Av8r said:
Does anyone know what the official purpose of that barricaded area is? If it's to provide a clear path to the bar then it didn't work.
It was put in as an OH&S requirement of our Public Liability Insurance a few years ago. Someone had tripped up and rolled down and hurt someone sitting lower down.

When there is a large crowd, it soon disappears - claytons fence :D

The rickety chain fence that runs along the outside of the KA Stand Toilets meanwhile, are not seen as a risk . 3 years and counting :mad: :huh:

Av8r said:
It was put in as an OH&S requirement of our Public Liability Insurance a few years ago. Someone had tripped up and rolled down and hurt someone sitting lower down.

When there is a large crowd, it soon disappears - claytons fence :D

The rickety chain fence that runs along the outside of the KA Stand Toilets meanwhile, are not seen as a risk . 3 years and counting :mad: :huh:

And if you're going to take a flag, wave the damn thing! Don't keep it in its plastic and put it on the ground under your seats! I saw so many people doing this on Friday night, really annoyed me!

It was easily the most flags and cheering that i've ever seen at Brooky. Truly looked amazing, and would have been somewhat intimidating for the chickens.

If you've grabbed one of those flags, you have a responsibility to bring it, AND WAVE IT, next time.
I didn't get one. :mad:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8