1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Supernintendo Chalmers, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Have to give credit to our powers that be. Anyone else notice how many teams had empty sponsorship positions in various jersey spots over the weekend? Obviously a tough time to get business on board and we seemed to have all the positions filled.
    As much as we probably all prefer a 'clean' looking jersey it's a good sign that we can fill these spots while some teams can't fill anything other than the jersey manufacturer and a tiny shorts sponsor.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    All the council need to do is get a sponsor as the naming rights for Brookie, and the club can then use the funds from the sponsors we have, instead of using it to pay the Brookie Oval fee.

• Like Like x 1
  3. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,645 / 113
    Still room for 3 more sponsors on the shorts. Which one of out media friends out there are reading this? Now if u really want to talk to the players or know where the wolf man is it's time to part with some coin.
    [hr]
    ****e I knew I struggled for a win on the weekend. But 77th. You owe me one DCE.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Knowing Warringah Council's form they would pocket any Brookie Oval naming rights money & then still charge us the same rent :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Exactly !

Its simplistic to even consider Warringah Council being a Manly benefactor:cool:

The Manly Daily Comments section last week, had one of the Councillors going on about how the profitable NRL and profitable MSE Franchise, should put their hand in their own pockets instead of the Rate Payers of Warringah :dodgy:

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce Kyocera as one of the Club’s new major corporate partners, with one of the world's leading document solutions companies joining the eight-time NRL premiers as the official shorts sponsor.

Kyocera is very excited about the new partnership that will see their company align themselves with an NRL club for the very first time.

7. Arko-admirer

Arko-admirer Active Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    I saw the Kyocera announcement too on email. At the supporters' function in Melbourne we were told of the struggle to find sponsors with a saturation of professional clubs in four football codes in a relatively small population competing for endorsement.
    So congrats to the club on continuing to find commercial support. I would hope our fans start turning up to Brookie again to help out.
    BTW I did mean to express my appreciation to the travelling supporters for putting on the pre-game event, where I met the seemingly tireless Vidmar, and giving us an insight into how the club is travelling and also for outlining the Brookie plans, which have been canvassed on this site.

8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Do we have a sock sponsor?

9. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 35
    And mabye a head gear sponsor for MB and Ferris.

It what happens when you have a successful club with a goo culture both on and off the field. Sponsors line up to join you.

10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Perry is kicking ass big time. :)

Another Multi National Corporate Brand aligned with the Mighty Maroon & White :cool:

Also noted that the twitter account is now @seaeagles, location dropped off for world domination to proceed :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    You don't know the council very well then do you.

What would really happen is that they would charge the Sea Eagles more to cover all the administrative costs involved in gaining that sponsorship.

12. EaglesDontTweet

EaglesDontTweet Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 15
    I remember as a kid having Pioneer Stereo and it's tuning fork logo all over my school folders and gear (when they were sponsors) and when I got a bit older bought at least 2 pioneer car stereos that I could only just afford.
    Businesses need to be aware how powerful this advertising is for the right advertiser and product when associated with a successful team, which we certainly have.

13. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    totally agree!
    i drink pepsi, have changed to kaspersky for my computer and also like pioneer too

• Like Like x 1
  14. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    Agree. Just bought and installed a Daikin Air Conditioner :). Can't say I love Pepsi though. Guess I'm it a true manly supporter :)

15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Kyocera:

"We pursue boundless dreams by accepting challenges that others timidly avoid.

"We believe that a strong will can make dreams come true, and that limitless effort can overcome any obstacle."

Our guys will be all but unbeatable in their new shorts!

16. eagle66

eagle66 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    My company build Kyocera's machines for Sydney and Newcastle. I will enjoy telling all of the Shark's supporters this in the morning.

And I switched to Pepsi (Max) and installed Kaspersky this year.

17. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +178 / 2
    Perry has done a great job

• Like Like x 2
  18. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    It works the other way too. I always hated Stockland and never really knew why. Then my Mrs pointed out the name on Newcastle's jersey in the 97 GF...

19. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    I'm surprised the Broncos still get jersey sponsors lining up after seeing the fortunes of Powers, Ansett, 131SHOP and WOW in the past.

20. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,413 / 35
    Great news about another sponsor.

When I changed virusware 3 years ago I was tossing between kaspersky and a couple others and the deciding factor was that kaspersky sponsored manly. Been very happy with kaspersky.