1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    there's no substitute for it.

Williams and Bowen are just like quicksilver. Stewart showed a good turn of pace for his and Hicks' try as well.

Close but no cigar.

2. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Stewart outpaced Bowen.

Very nice feat imo, but failed to pull down Williams.

3. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    From the call it sounded like Stewy caught him with time to spare and had every right to pull Williams down. WTF happened?

4. luke_ball

luke_ball Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing against the beloved beaver, but he was there when stuey brought him down. I could only imagine what went through menzies mind. Something along the lines of "ill probably get 10, knowing clark, if i pull him down". But a great effort in chase from brett.

5. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

After seeing replays on the news I can see why he didn't, but I'm still pulling my hair out..

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    If you have ever chased a slippery player a long way you will know what happened. Stewy got him but he rolled over and he eventually went over the top, allowing him to get up again. Beaver stopped thinking the tackle was made and didn't have the juice to have a second dig.