SOO - Manly Snippets/Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Class of 96

Bencher
It really was a superb game/series for our boys. Each one outstanding. Out of the club ashes of this season, it was great to wake up to nothing but positive press for our boys. Probably posted elsewhere in dribs and drabs, so thought I may consolidate. There are some others I am missing like Tommy I believe topping metres run and Jake pulling off his usual 5,000 tackles.....

Asked who he thought deserved the prize, Fittler said: “Tom Trbojevic was pretty outstanding I thought across the three games. He was my pick.”

NSW five-eighth James Maloney said that while Slater had performed strongly, a number of Blues players were more worthy recipients.

“I think Teddy was very good. I thought Tommy Trbojevic was outstanding. There’s a whole heap of guys that put in massive performances for us,” he said. “There’s no doubt Bill was a real key player in Queensland’s performance.

“Probably the two that come off the top of my head are Tommy Trbojevic — I thought he had a really good series on the wing, he was one of our best players every game and also James Tedesco. (Cordner)

That will likely see Hunt fight with the likes of Michael Morgan and Anthony Milford for the bench utility role next year — a fight he may well lose. It would be a sad fall from grace if he went from starting halfback to Origin outcast in the space of 12 months — but Cherry-Evans’ performance may well make that a reality.

The Sea Eagle’s composed performance also made fans wonder whether Queensland had missed a trick by ignoring him when the series was up for grabs, especially given Hunt’s wobbly showing in Origin II was largely pinned as a key factor in the Maroons’ defeat in Sydney.

SPEED merchants Josh Addo-Carr, James Roberts, Tom Trbojevic and Valentine Holmes took flight in State of Origin III but it was a surprise star who clocked the highest top speed.

But no one could match Maroons prodigal son Daly Cherry-Evans, who clocked 35.5km/h during the Maroons’ 18-12 victory at Suncorp Stadium, according to the NRL’s Telstra Tracker Stats.

I thought Jake was NSW’s best forward across the three games and his brother shaded Tedesco across the series, even allowing for the latter’s brilliant Game 1.

Cook was very good too.

I think Cleary didn’t quite live up to the hype, despite the relentless ‘pumping up’ from the likes of Bee Sting Face.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8