1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOO - It's all over

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, May 21, 2008.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Yep. Queeensland - beautiful one day, complete and absolute mofo uselss LOSERS the next. The best team to ever wear the maroon and white - maybe, but a bunch of useless losers all the same. Anyone at Brookie that I know - the beers are on me thanks to the bookies and $130 profit. What a bunch of big-name, big-ego pack of pussies. Suck that up Cane Toads!

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Go NSW ;)

Good game, top defense. Wallace went well. As much as I hate saying it.

3. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7

Yes, he surprised me as well.

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Its all Crockers fault.

5. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    i'm not totally sure, but wouldn't you have to give Bellamy some kudos?  He shut down his own players pretty well.  QLD were comprehensibly beaten and the coach must get the rewards for that

6. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yep. I dont like him much but Bellache did an admirable job tonight & you cant help but feel a certain level of confidence with his tactical gameplans.

7. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    New South way too good.

QLD lot of work to do in game two

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    How sweet it is!

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Poor old Morons got owned. The mighty Queensland pack were woeful tonight and got taught a lesson by a more committed, better drilled side. Thurston showed tonight that he can't play under pressure and the Inbreds lacked direction, at times it was embarrassing.........but funny all the same.

I'll give Wallace his due, I was unsure how he would go but he played well. His kicking game was good and he threw some nice balls. Ahhh...... nice feeling getting the first one out of the way, historically this means we are looking good for the series win.

10. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep. I dont like him much but Bellache did an admirable job tonight & you cant help but feel a certain level of confidence with his tactical gameplans.
    [/quote]

Admirable? He was bloody great.

He got blasted by everyone in NSW for the squad he picked (me included, no doubt about that) but the bottom line was he picked a group of players that would suit his gameplan - which as it turned out, was damn near faultless.

11. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Well done to all the Blues team, I thought Brett was good as well.  His take on the first for the first try was brillant.  I wonder when matabele will sheepishly appear today??

PS I hope Gasiner & Cooper pull up bloody sore today

12. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    NEW

SOUTH

WALES!!

Rar!
    Awesome game!

Brett Stewart was instrumental in so much of it - go Manly!

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    For a guy whose selection I wasn't convinced with, I thought Quinn played really well. Sure he scored a couple of tries, but he made some very good reads in defence and snuffed out a couple of dangerous situations. He had good support from Cooper in this department as well.

14. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Same. Cooper was excellent defensively, did a massive job containing Billy Slater in particular.

And Gasnier was my MOM. Just outstanding all game.

15. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 80
    What's doin stewie only rated a 6 on his performance scored a try,should have recieved a pass to score another, & set up one other.

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Stewart was fantastic, had the $2 on offer for him to cross the line, along with NSW @ $2.30

Personally, 1 of my favourite moments from the match, aside from the 94 times Slater got smashed, was when Crocker had a filthy little forearm into Wallaces chin as he Wallace tried to tackle him and then Mason came in and smashed him. Beautiful to watch

Hopefully Gasnier loses his form before Friday

17. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I loved that Wallace got creamed after every kick he made - because he got up every time as well. Tough little bugger he is, and what a great game he had.

18. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Agree, it was good to see him not try and milk. They were really into him on every kick but he handled the pressure well. More than can be said for Bird in the second half, they pressured his kicking game into mistakes.