SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Turbo, having the sort of talent he does, is a bit of a double edged sword for the club.
It would be fair to say that every time Manly wins, he's had a significant involvement in the win.
His teammates are so used to his presence, that they become deer in headlights when he's out of the team. This needs to change. The team needs to learn to win without him and that needs to be the status quo.

We should never let Turbo leave, him and his family are heart and soul of the club. However out of respect for the club he needs to let us renegotiate his contract value and shave off 500k per season for this year and the next. This would allow us to sign a genuine strike outside back as cover. I feel sorry for him but 700k per season is plenty for him to rehabilitate himself then after he strings an injury free season together we bump it back up. What scares me to death is the idea of him leaving and signing elsewhere and killing it injury free like Gutho has after we paid millions for him to sit watching on injured. Tom needs to initiate it though if he cares about our success because we will never win paying him that much for 10 games per season.
Can't happen under NRL rules, we're stuck with his contract until it expires, unless the club gives him permission to negotiate with another club, and hopefully that club is willing to pay him around the same as what we are.

guy was in 1st gear all year then right on cue he has a great game against canberra to magically get selected for origin

fuk off, give up origin and focus on the club that pays you way to much for the amount of game time you’ve delivered over n

pretty sure every NRL contract stipulate the need to make yourself available for rep footy

due to the revenue it brings the game especially with star power

you have to apply to be not considered for selection

origin is on the slide in earnings

Even if you are hobbling around on one leg, though?
Latrell and Ponga seemed to have no dramas pulling out, with their injury troubles, why should Turbo be any different.
not sure of all terms and conditions
one leg 2 good arms yes
one leg , one good ear, one bad, and a sick dog.thats a NO way
devil is in the detail

pretty sure

pretty sure every NRL contract stipulate the need to make yourself available for rep footy

And technically the NRL, not Manly, pays player wages…

guy was in 1st gear all year then right on cue he has a great game against canberra to magically get selected for origin

fuk off, give up origin and focus on the club that pays you way to much for the amount of game time you’ve delivered over n
totally agree, it appers he is putting his money and fame first, being extra careful during nomral games to preserve his career. i dont blame him but i feel manly shoudl be looking for a plan B asap.
his cost is not equal to his output in terms of value. no matter how much you love him, another player on half his pay who is trying his guts out will not be feeling very rewarded.

So, all three Trbojevic brothers are currently sitting in rehab. Is that some kind of record?

Jack Wighton didn't have dramas saying he wasn't available for rep footy anymore, no one questioned him about doing it

Penn and co are looking like complete idiots after the terrible results so far this year post sacking des and making all those silly comments in the pre season when we won a couple of trials.

Now we have to do it without Tom again. A bottom 4 finish will be very embarrassing for the ownership and management of the club.

If we fail again next year and des makes the top 4 with the titans that maybe the final straw.

Jack Wighton didn't have dramas saying he wasn't available for rep footy anymore, no one questioned him about doing it
Just like Papilhi from Raiders. Would have been tapped on the shoulder weeks ago saying 'hey you have been a great servant but you won't be selected this year'. Puts the player on the front foot to retire from rep footy as a reward instead of being dropped.

Just like Papilhi from Raiders. Would have been tapped on the shoulder weeks ago saying 'hey you have been a great servant but you won't be selected this year'. Puts the player on the front foot to retire from rep footy as a reward instead of being dropped.
You are likely right. I thought nsw would struggle when I saw that Welch could not get a start. Papa was even further back in the field.

On the plus side ...... At least we don't have to worry about him getting injured in SOO 3.

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10