Soft underbelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The warning signs were there for a while, this team consistently undoes its work by not managing games and having any game awareness, there were plenty of examples of this all season.

Our senior players MUST improve especially as their errors killed us last night.

Its a wet night and we gave up 12 unnecessary points by ignoring the rules of wet weather play.

20-0 up and an advantage of an extra player and we didn't play the percentage game.

Costly defeat and worrying trend coughing up bug leads in games, they were punished again, that's 5 points dropped from winning positions!
Oh if only we had Bug Davis on the wings he would have held that bomb.......

Sorry @sheridanstand78 cheap shot on spelling I know but worth a joke amongst old blokes ;)

The warning signs were there for a while, this team consistently undoes its work by not managing games and having any game awareness, there were plenty of examples of this all season.

Our senior players MUST improve especially as their errors killed us last night.

Its a wet night and we gave up 12 unnecessary points by ignoring the rules of wet weather play.

20-0 up and an advantage of an extra player and we didn't play the percentage game.

Costly defeat and worrying trend coughing up bug leads in games, they were punished again, that's 5 points dropped from winning positions!
The players obviously dont hurt when they lose and lose like this, they just accept it and think, oh well there is always next week. Thats not good enough I am afraid

I still claim we are one of the "dumbest footy teams" in the NRL. Maybe there is the disconnect between Presentation Man and the playing group. A smarter coach switched on to his playing group's footy intellect would have told them to execute a wet weather plan or consolidate after establishing the lead.

Brooks demonstrated this with his harbour bridge pass seconds from half time against the Warriors which cost us 1 point. Just an example which is sadly 1 of 100s and quite a few with DCE's name on them too.

Can we slow up on the hero plays guys until we are 40 in front?

I still claim we are one of the "dumbest footy teams" in the NRL. Maybe there is the disconnect between Presentation Man and the playing group. A smarter coach switched on to his playing group would have told themn to execute a wet weather plan or conolidate after establishing the league.

Brooks demonstarted this with his harbour bridge pass seconds from half time against the Warriors which cost us 1 point. Just an example which is sadly 1 of 100s and quite a few with DCE's name on them too.
My mate went to the game and he rang me on the way home and said exactly that, we are the dunbest footy team out there, I agree

I would agree wholeheartedly. While a loss is never good, on the plus side, it may put a rocket up the playing group with two games to go before the bye.

You really think Seibold will put a rocket up the playing group?

No, he will go into his new age PC BS and try to wordsmith his way into confused footy players.

Or just trade out the ones that need coaching

No, he will go into his new age PC BS and try to wordsmith his way into confused footy players.

there's a slide deck for that!

which gets me thinking are Rah Rah players smarter than Rugba Leeg players? That's amybe why he loved Two Faced Eddie so much.

I would agree wholeheartedly. While a loss is never good, on the plus side, it may put a rocket up the playing group with two games to go before the bye.
And the Dragons and Parra efforts weren't enough to put rockets up them ?? No sorry I can't cop this sh*t. 10 years of watching these same putrid efforts time and again. Clearly this playing group doesn't have what it takes. It'll be another decade of failure until this club gets its pathways sh*t together if ever.

And the Dragons and Parra efforts weren't enough to put rockets up them ?? No sorry I can't cop this sh*t. 10 years of watching these same putrid efforts time and again. Clearly this playing group doesn't have what it takes. It'll be another decade of failure until this club gets its pathways sh*t together if ever.

If the so called coach won't put a rocket up the playing group,who will?

To be fair they were no better under Hasler. When the mood strikes they look great but too often they default to being entertaining. Sides know you are always a chance against manly. We get run down and beaten on the bell more than anyone. We are only a slight momentum change away from falling apart. They are talented but extremely soft. No interest in the grind whatsoever. No change from the last 6 or so years. Put them down for 10th.

To be fair they were no better under Hasler. When the mood strikes they look great but too often they default to being entertaining. Sides know you are always a chance against manly. We get run down and beaten on the bell more than anyone. We are only a slight momentum change away from falling apart. They are talented but extremely soft. No interest in the grind whatsoever. No change from the last 6 or so years. Put them down for 10th.
That aligns with the theory that the team is lacking footy smarts and not the coaches. The core of the team is still the same from Des coached teams.

As I said in another post I’m not expecting a team full of ironstines but a combination of a few smart ones and some followers who turn up in the right place at the right times would do me.

And tigers and dogs are not now getting the results but in say 5 years time they have been very smart in setting up good pathways programs

Our club CEO and owners to me are only looking at the short term wanting the GF win with this playing group, they won't get it and then we will fall back badly

And like most teams one or 2 major injuries away from being a bottom 4 team

If we do make finals footy we won't be worth watching

Flogged by Dragons, beaten by patched up Raiders and scrape home against under strength Titans.

I predicted a non top 8 finish. Be lucky to avoid bottom I'd say.

I think Lodge and Brown fired up the opposition and has a more positive effect on Raiders than they did for us.

We have been soft since Watmough and Gifty left. Haumole is a real tough guy. Jake and Croker are real warriors. Other forwards were generally good except Waddell.

I thought we were let down mainly by DCE and Tom last night, they needed to ensure we went on with the job. Both could be focused on Origin now, which does nothing for Manly.

Very disappointed.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11