Soaring Kite's 250 for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
TOMORROW will be all about the props at Brookvale Oval. Like cult hero George Rose, who will don Sea Eagles colours for the 100th time, Brent Kite is celebrating his own significant milestone - 250 NRL games.

Read the full article

Kite has been a good prop for us and deserves the accolade's.
I think that at 31 and only one more year in him we should of gone harder for Lusick. Kite could of gone to the uk next year and we could of used that money for Lusick.
Oh well its done now. We need to find another younger Kite type of prop around soon.

lovefooty said:
Kite has been a good prop for us and deserves the accolade's.
I think that at 31 and only one more year in him we should of gone harder for Lusick. Kite could of gone to the uk next year and we could of used that money for Lusick.
Oh well its done now. We need to find another younger Kite type of prop around soon.

We had no choice. Des re-signed him before he left the club...I wonder why? ;)

Nice one guys. 250 games, CC medal, two premierships, champion bloke and he should have pissed off to the UK for a nuffie like Lussick.

ManlyBacker said:
Nice one guys. 250 games, CC medal, two premierships, champion bloke and he should have pissed off to the UK for a nuffie like Lussick.

Totally agree. I hope Lussick keeps up his 2 good games per 10 at Parramatta. I also hope there is a mountain of traffic along Parramatta Road for him each and every day, or he is forced to live in Lidcome or something.

Harrison & Hopoate can room with him.

Lastly, I hope they play well for us this year, but next year, and the year after, I hope they all fail miserably, and none of them ever touch or grace rep footy ever again.

I'd take a loyal Kite over those blokes every day of the week.
Same goes for guys like Matai - who take paycuts to remain, over blokes like Dean (3 teams in 4 years next season) Whare.

Come on Ryan I agree 100% about kite. However bagging out players for leaving is poor form. Some of them were told to look elsewhere so you can't blame them for trying to earn as much as possible and to do better for themselves. I am sure you have changed jobs more than once in your illustrious career.

Sheikheagle said:
Come on Ryan I agree 100% about kite. However bagging out players for leaving is poor form. Some of them were told to look elsewhere so you can't blame them for trying to earn as much as possible and to do better for themselves. I am sure you have changed jobs more than once in your illustrious career.

Been in the same company for 16 years.

I UNDERSTAND why players leave mate. Doesn't mean I wish them well in doing so. Like I say, I hope they fall into a massive career hole in Parramatta and scraped from the pavement talent wise.

That being said, I hope Taufua becomes a NZ rep player. I hope Matai - well Matai is just awesome already full stop - etc etc etc.

Your either on team Manly, or your dead to me as a player, and a club.

Also Kite is a legend, and not worthy at all of any criticism he gets here by many. People have a go at him for passing before the line? Wow. Daniel Heckenberg and Martin Lang typer players died out years ago.

I'd put Kite in front of any other prop we currently have playing 1st grade.

I like most people think his years are best behind him, then he wins a MoM today..

He has played his heart out for losing teams, wins a few comps and before u know it gets a MoM v the useless parra scrubs.

I wanted him to go, but he proved today he deserves his place.

I just hope i remember that when he starts playing 1/2 again.

Thanks Kitey for what you have done. You are appreciated, albeit only when you play like a prop though.

Remember bum first is not a good thing though.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I criticise kite now and then but him and King had absolute blinders today. Really led the pack instead of leaving it up to choc.

Hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the year.

Kiwi Eagle said:
How many people were complaining about Kites passing today when it played a part in Wolf going over ?

Passing after you've engaged the defensive line is good, that's what props do. Passing like a halfback when you're one of the ruck is frustrating.

Also a big up to the mechanic who has been working on the Kitemobile gearbox, finally fixed that dodgy reverse gear and got him hitting the line front on all day.

Well done Kitey on 250 games, showed some quality today

I'm a Kite fan, plus he's a good bloke who is a big plus for the team culture.

He is also huge, but I noticed on the telecast pre-match he was sitting next to T Rex who seriously looked about a foot wider than Kite across the shoulders. I wonder if T Rex's size will actually start to count against him as he gets a bit older in the next few years. Hope so anyway. One of Kite's great assets is that for a big man he is extremely athletic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8