1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anybody think we will win.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Utility Player, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Well I think the boys will be up against it tonight and can not see them winning, I just don't think we are playing well enough at this stage.

I will be hoping for a win of course but will be happily surprised if we get the points.

Melbourne 24 to 10 mom Cooper Cronk

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    I am think we will lose

Melbourne 14
    Manly 6

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
  4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Melbourne 34
    Manly 8

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I think we will lose, though the Womanly add might help motivate the boys.

6. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Put money on manly on todays odds to win the grand final cause if they win tonight there odds will drop cosiderably our forwards will win it.

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    On current form I can't see us winning. All I'm hoping for is a reversal of the pathetic capitulation we witnessed in the GF last year. If we rip in and look like worthy protaganists then I will be happy. If someone were to clock Crocker as an even up that would be an added bonus.

8. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    lol @ flips painful score prediction.

i think it will be close and will cost Inglis a representitive jersey this year. if i were to bet on it i would say melbourne by under 8 points. Though manly shall win because i like following my heart

9. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    I have tipped the Storm because everyone else will take them in the work tipping comp, so I wont lose any ground.

I am hopeful we can win, but i'm not expecting it. As long as we are in the game for most of the 80 minutes I will be pleased.

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    To be honest if we get close I will be happy however at work there are a lot of people who think we are more than just a good chance.

If our defence holds we are a chance if not we could lose by 10 to 18 points.

11. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I didn;t give us much hope 24 hours ago

However, from that time on, my levels of optimism have increased a wee bit

Last night The Canterbury Rams, my basketball side, who are 1-7 this season, travelled up to Auckland, where they haven't won for over 6 years, and towelled them up 89-71

And also the First Class cricket final, Canterbury set Wellington 249 to win, i thought we had no chance, then my mate took 4/1 from 4 overs last night to have them 14/4. Thought we were dead and buried again today when they recovered to 160/5 but then Canterbury took 3 wickets in an over, and ended up winning by 49 runs and take the title

They say there results come in 3s, and i already have 2 unlikely ones in, so come on Manly

12. MNF

MNF Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we will get beaten 50-14,they are not as good as they were last year,but we are 20 points worse this year.As much as I like Dessies work ethic we look as so we are not coached,sure we made last years grand final,but I put that down to fitness and will to win.I think we should compare Fittler,Bellamy and Hasler the roosters and the storm play atractive and skilfull rugby league with due respect I will struggle to stay awke watching us tonight,and lets not just say they have better players,we seem to lake composre and teamwork,were as the other 2 teams seem very well coached,and have planned moves.When was the last time we put on a planned move,NOT this decade we used to be entertaining now we are a bore

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    We'll win if the forwards do their thing and Lyon is in the centres.

14. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think we'll keep the storm to 16 points.

We just need to get more than that. I'm hopeful we can.

15. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Normally don't bother replying to this garbage, but have some time to kill

10 days ago v the Warriors, scrum packs, Stewart packs into lock, Menzies goes right, opens up the inside gap and Stewart opens the scoring untouched

16. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
  17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I would have wished for less media talk during the week and more heads down & focused on the gameplan.

But anything could happen tonight.

18. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    LOL, don't point out theirs been a whole other game since then. ;)

19. MNF

MNF Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Normally don't bother replying to this garbage, but have some time to kill

10 days ago v the Warriors, scrum packs, Stewart packs into lock, Menzies goes right, opens up the inside gap and Stewart opens the scoring untouched
    [/quote]
            Wow thats a planned move and creative coaching,I knew NZ was stuck in the 70's but I thought as a manly fan you would have more sense.That particular move I learnt in u7's and you use it as an example  of a great planned move :eek:

20. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    So you admit it was a move then ?

That proves the point, your question is answered.

Now you are changing the criteria to "great" planned move i see. Typical Mata move to change the goalposts when found out