• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
IMO Snake should be the State Of Origin fullback,doubt it will happen with everyone saying we should stick with the team we have to build on things for the future,but a game breaker like snake should basically be the fullback,enough said.

yea,he craps all over Dugan,i mean Dugan is a good player but snake should be there if we have any hope of winning the series,he is a game breaker,but in saying that i wouldnt be disappointed if he doesnt get picked cos then he can focus on manly 100%,im a bit devided when it comes to having manly players in origin,to me it means if one of our boys are picked then they are good enough or in good enough form to play for NSW,which makes me happy but then again on the same token it can disrupt our team in the origin period,catch my drift?

Brett wont get picked this year for any games. Hes still not 100% fit, hes deffinately getting there ! He has the class, hes made for origin, but not yet, to say hes ready now would be a joke. If he can barely make it through a club game what makes you think hed make it through an origin game. When hes back to full flight he is hands down the best fullback in the comp, but hes not ready yet.

manlyforever08 said:
If NSW lose the next game, it'd be good to see Snake in Game III just for some game time.

Are you high?

I dont want to see any manly players in a dead rubber
EVER

Copa Eagle said:
Brett wont get picked this year for any games. Hes still not 100% fit, hes deffinately getting there ! He has the class, hes made for origin, but not yet, to say hes ready now would be a joke. If he can barely make it through a club game what makes you think hed make it through an origin game. When hes back to full flight he is hands down the best fullback in the comp, but hes not ready yet.

You are right,he is not ready yet(cos of game fitness/injury recovery),but if we do win the second game,then by the third (barring any injurys he may pick up from now til then) he should be picked IMO,he very well could be the spark NSW need to take the series.

Happy to see him come through the Brisbane game unscathed and playing well. I think performing for Manly would be a priority for him at the moment after having spent so long on the sideline. With Snake fully fit we are premiership contenders this year. Playing in origin would be an unnecessary risk to his recovery. The premiership is the main prize.

The Eagle said:
manlyforever08 said:
If NSW lose the next game, it'd be good to see Snake in Game III just for some game time.

Are you high?

I dont want to see any manly players in a dead rubber
EVER

The Eagle has landed.

I think someone has hacked Shanes account, thats a couple of his posts in the last week I agreed with.

Or maybe I'm losing it :)

F***en losing manly players for a game so NSW can say "We did good yeah? we won 1 game" is beyond stupid

To make it worse your suggesting the guy who has had 2 and a bit years of injury go straight into the nearly unpenalisable thugfest that is SoO

I dont even like seeing that bloke get tackled,im sure its a collective "oh god please get up" from most manly fans everytime he takes one around the legs in every club game

NSW biggest problem is that we pick a team for game 1 with a different team for game 2 in mind, its dumb. Snake won't play this year unless Dugan, Hayne & Gidley all got injured and even then he might not get it.

On a side note I've never been convinced Dugan is an origin player, the way he limps around the field after every tackle. He goes missing in action too often. Don't get me wrong I like watching him play, he is a great ball runner and exciting in full flight but he wastes so much time and burns too many tackles where he should be in support limping around.

Captain of the Gate said:
On a side note I've never been convinced Dugan is an origin player, the way he limps around the field after every tackle.

You can't really use him limping around after being tackled as an excuse. Have you noticed the way that Kieran gets up and walks away from tackles? He gets up hobbling after tackles and certainly hasn't affected his game.

Chip and Chase said:
Fro said:
yeah but I'll bet he never plays origin

It didn't stop Tonie Carroll.

Yes, I have also mentioned that before in another thread where someone suggested Kieran for a Blues spot and somebody else said that he couldn't because he was a Kiwi and had represented NZ. All that he has to do in change his allegiances to Australia just like Tonie Carroll did.

I'm certain there is a period of time he has to wait to change aliegence. ie he played in this years Anzac test therefor he can't play for anyone else this year. Only in a world cup year this can be relaxed.

Jethro said:
Chip and Chase said:
Fro said:

Yes, I have also mentioned that before in another thread where someone suggested Kieran for a Blues spot and somebody else said that he couldn't because he was a Kiwi and had represented NZ. All that he has to do in change his allegiances to Australia just like Tonie Carroll did.

The disgrace that is Tonie Carroll is a different case to that

He turned down NZ for years, until he thought his NRL career was over at the end of 2000 and he wouldn't play for Qld again, so he decided to take the NZ jersey and have a run at the world cup in 2000.
The wanker then decided to turn his back on it again when he returned to the NRL, and Wayne Bennett knew exactly what he was doing using the loophole about players being allowed to represent another country at a world cup

Kiwi Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Chip and Chase said:
Fro said:

The disgrace that is Tonie Carroll is a different case to that

He turned down NZ for years, until he thought his NRL career was over at the end of 2000 and he wouldn't play for Qld again, so he decided to take the NZ jersey and have a run at the world cup in 2000.
The wanker then decided to turn his back on it again when he returned to the NRL, and Wayne Bennett knew exactly what he was doing using the loophole about players being allowed to represent another country at a world cup

**** he was an ugly bastard

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8