Smith defenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's all talk about how he reacted to that tackle. Now tell me McKinnon is not within his rights to be angry at Smiths actions. His actions show he is a man focused only on winning and his team, he is a dog without any compassion. That tackle was telling he showed he knew what a bad tackle like that can do, didn't show the same last year.

He brings shame to the game whilst he remains captain of Aust

He's had anger issues since those Soggy Sao sessions during his school days with the parish priest down at St Peter File's.

Last edited:
Don't fall victim to 60 minutes sensationalism
Fu$k that. He is a true dog. It's just so sad something so tragic had to happen for people to see it. being Australian captain is a stain on our game. His constant grubbiness, signing 2 contracts, and finally the Alex incident has this C-nt In the upper echelon of dogs. Loving the sh!t he is copping. Just a shame B Scott didn't drop the elbow on his chin when he smashed him last night.

Smith getting stitched up by nein is like Al Capone getting gaoled for tax evasion.
Yes the piece of turd deserves to be in the position he's in but the trivial nature of the incriminating offence is taking the focus off stain the man has been on the game for so long.

He's a captain and a footy player. He's supposed to be thinking of his team and winning. Who has compassion in football? If someone wanted my compassion, they wouldn't play for, work for or support a different team to me. As far as I'm concerned, if you involve yourself with a team other than Manly, you're antagonizing me, so why would I have any respect for you?

If Smith ended up in a chair from that tackle, the irony would've been hilarious, given the week that has been. It still shouldn't have been a penalty for a dangerous tackle. Smith thinks spinals are funny so I guess the defender was just having a laugh with him.

I still remember that close up they took of C Smith on the sideline in the 2008 Grand Final.

You know the one we won by 40 points to nil and the fact he was suspended for a dangerous tackle, just in case you forgot or something.

The camera went on him. And his mug was plastered on the big screen. He smiled and then looked shocked when everyone booed him. @:smirk:

Those memories are priceless.

I still remember that close up they took of C Smith on the sideline in the 2008 Grand Final.

You know the one we won by 40 points to nil and the fact he was suspended for a dangerous tackle, just in case you forgot or something.

The camera went on him. And his mug was plastered on the big screen. He smiled and then looked shocked when everyone booed him. @:smirk:

Those memories are priceless.
Everything about that day was priceless

I noticed last night his reaction when his teammate was dumped on his head to rush in and challenge the offending . Rightly so too as there is no place for tackles like that in our game. Shame he didn't show the same concern for Alex after that tackle. Not impressed by win at all cost wankers like him.

How was Smith to know at the time? He is no doctor, did you see him go over to the doctor and clarify anything? Sure he could of been a little more circumspect and found out more, but in the heat of the battle this would of happened countless times. The only difference is that a much worse outcome eventuated with Alex. I beleive that Smith did clap him off when he was stretchered.

What I will say is extremeley disappointing is the fact Smith didnt contact Alex after the game. He will need to deal with that decision.
Smith is an ornament to the game off the field and will go down as the greatest hooker of all time. Time for you all to get over trying to degrade this outstanding individual.

How was Smith to know at the time? He is no doctor, did you see him go over to the doctor and clarify anything? Sure he could of been a little more circumspect and found out more, but in the heat of the battle this would of happened countless times. The only difference is that a much worse outcome eventuated with Alex. I beleive that Smith did clap him off when he was stretchered.

What I will say is extremeley disappointing is the fact Smith didnt contact Alex after the game. He will need to deal with that decision.
Smith is an ornament to the game off the field and will go down as the greatest hooker of all time. Time for you all to get over trying to degrade this outstanding individual.

100% agree, there have been plenty of times someone has been taken from the field on a stretcher....who knows what is wrong. Luckily, nothing serious in 99.5% of the cases.

Yep, he is the Aussie captain and maybe should have sent a text. But surely when the guy is fronting the cameras representing the rise for Alex round and wearing the blokes number on his back, that counts for as much as a text message.

He plays for another team, big deal. He's being hung out to dry on this one.

Can't deny he is a great hooker and will go down as one of the best, but you also can't deny that he is a grubby player. A player that has been at the forefront of the wrestling tactics brought into the game. The grappling, arm/leg twisting, pressure to the neck, head and various pressure points. Multiple elbows to Ballins head comes to mind, as does the kicking of a NSW player to get him off the tackle early in SOO 3, just adds to the list of the on field tactics he chooses to employ.

Dont like Smith, but this story is not the best - shows to sensationalise a story the gutter now has a lower place....
Was Smith wrong - it looks that way now - but have seen many players want to get on with a game in similar situations.
Smiths biggest mistake is not contacting him after it was clear what happened.
The story should have more focused on his will to never give up & the loves of his life standing by him including his girlfriend & mates - imo prefer Smith not in the story at all.

The Storms media release from last week:

“Melbourne Storm today reiterated that its thoughts and best wishes remain with Alex McKinnon for his continued recovery. His story continues to inspire the rugby league community.

In relation to specific references regarding our club in media reports published today, Storm would like to make the following points:

1. At the time of this tragic accident, no one on the field had any idea of the severity of the injury Alex had suffered. All at Storm and especially the playing group were shocked and horrified to learn of Alex’s injuries in the days after the event;

2. Storm players led by captain Cameron Smith requested to visit Alex in hospital numerous times while he was in Melbourne. The requests were declined which was totally understandable given Alex needed to focus on the initial stages of his recovery;

3. Storm’s Football Director continued to liaise with his Newcastle equivalent regarding the right time for club players to contact Alex in the weeks and months after the incident;

4. Cameron Smith was proud to launch the #riseforalex round last year alongside Paul Gallen, as well as to wear Alex’s jersey number at Storm’s game in Melbourne in the same round. Storm’s fans raised more than $20,000 for Alex that day alone.

Storm sincerely wishes Alex and his family all the absolute best for his continued recovery.”

How was Smith to know ?

Well if it was me, and the game is held up for 10mins while a guy has a frightened look on his face and screams out "I can't ****ing feel my legs", I'd probably cop the tip that it's a bit more serious than normal

Ornament of the game, probably the funniest thing I've read on here for a while

The story on Alex McKinnon on 60 minutes was very interesting and to see how much this lad has been through makes you appreciate the battle he has.

I think they got it wrong by not at least inviting Cam Smith to speak. I still believe that Capt Drizzle should have made an attempt to speak to the boy which would have sorted things out. That is what needs to happen now and if he is smart he will do that.

Good to see having Alex in NSW camp led to the team dumping a couple of guys on their heads.

This is more to the point. The NRL has been weak and inconsistent in stamping out lifting tackles. Josh Jackson? If McKinnon wants to focus his anger on Smith that is his prerogative but Smith wasn't even in the tackle that hurt him.

The match officials didn't see fit to abandon the game in acknowledgement of the catastrophic spinal injury to a player. (Too much at stake with the TV contract?) The match officials deemed it was play on as usual. Smith too behaved as though it was play-on as usual, arguing the point in defence of his own player.

Obviously Smith should have said nothing. Or even better, shed a tear or two, or maybe gathered all the players to link arms and bow heads in a quiet prayer. (Before resuming the game and trying to bash the crap out of the opposition).

I make no criticism of McKinnon, as I say he can feel pissed at whomever he pleases, but it is amusing to see all those others rushing to join in pointing the finger at Smith as a villain in this incident. Among all his sins, and all the sins of everyone in the game, Smith is to be pilloried because in a situation rarely encountered he didn't show concern in the correct way??

I confess I'm on the Camus team on this one. Absurd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4