1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMH on Positional Changes

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Around the games
    By Steve Mascord
    July 30, 2005

Manly v North Queensland

Venue: Brookvale Oval

Time: Tomorrow 2.35pm

Daniel Heckenberg, Scott Donald and Michael Witt are playing premier league today, strongly suggesting they will not be part of Manly coach Des Hasler's first-grade side. Steve Menzies is tipped to be the Sea Eagles pivot, with Paul Stephenson added to the centres and Ashley Alberts on the wing. Cowboys prop Paul Rauhihi (corked thigh) is out, with Matthew Scott, David Myles and rookie Scott Bolton travelling to Sydney yesterday in his place.

Is Des playing ducks and drakes. I could not imagine Beaver playing 5/8 or Alberts on the wing. I sense a smokescreen here!!!!!!

2. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Very odd. I hope he's playing games, Stephenson and Tutt, that can't be right, it is nice to see players can be dropped though.

3. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Ive seen enough of Stephenson to know hes absolute crap.

Give Taylor or Peachey a go for crying out loud.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    This info keeps being deleted from MSE for some reason?

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Alberts on the wing. Are the getting ready for next year, with a certain centre acquisition?

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    if this is true I can only think Steppa is being brought in due to his size, the cowboys centres are quite big.

but we all know how Steppa defends :doh:

7. JohnB_32

JohnB_32 Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think its all crap. All three were named in the squad on thursday, if they were gonna be dropped they would have been dropped before that. Just another media story. They'll all be there tomorrow

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Was just speaking to someone in the know. PL play at Penrith today and only have 15 players named in the squad. You will know what is going on by what extra players turn up to play there.

Early game tomorrow is Flegg game against the Rip!!!

9. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It would be a rort putting Alberts on the wing. He would get no ball, and be extremely wasted.

Why put our best performing centre out of position.

You would think Willo would play 5/8 not Beaver.

10. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    1.Stewart
    2.Alberts
    3.Hill
    4.Stephenson
    5.Hicks

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

11. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe Steppa will play wing in a type of Hoppa role.

Dummy half runs and the like. He isn't really that slow, come to think of it his style of play fits a wingers mould a bit.

If only he had a couple of extra yards in pace.

Travis Burns didn't play PL today apparently, maybe he has been picked at 5/8?