"Skilled Stadium"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
First, is there a worse named Stadium in terms of being an oxymoron for the home team? But generally, what a diabolical place. They say 15,000 were there? Well they must have counted the thousands of under 10 cheerleaders and the security staff to police who knows what? It took us four goes just to get in the joint. First knock back is you can't take any processed food in. Then it was the biscuits we had. Then the clowns wouldn't let us go in with our Silvertails banner which has not been an issue in several grounds around the country.

The whole place is one big expensive white elephant, throttled by the fun police. Built while the 300,000 people of he Sunshine Coast wait for a new hospital. If that sort of customer service is what they intend to dish up for he Commonwealth Games in 2018 it will be a disaster.

That was by far one of the best unloads I have ever read

It wasn't half full and there were easily more Manly supporters than Titans. The Away Bay was extended to three bays and they were the only full bays, but there were also a lot of maroon supporters sitting side on. Pretty subdued crowd, even our supporters only made noise when we scored and for the last 5 minutes.

Seriously Dan, it was ****e. A taxpayer funded and subsidized venue and we were treated like morons.

George Rose tweeted a picture of the stadium yesterday with the comment, "Love this stadium at Gold Coast reminds me of Indigenous Allstars game. Can't wait for it next year! If i get in..."

I guess there is a big gap between cast, crew and all the extras when it comes to quality/value/treatment. What sort of biscuits were they matabele? LOL! Maybe you just scored an idiot on the gate, or were you fired up and they just wanted to stuff you around?

I was fired up the third time when they told me the banner wasn't going in. The All Stars game is at Suncorp next year, sorry George.

It was basically a home game for us 3/4 of the crowd were Manly. It is a great stadium but as you say getting there is ****e, getting in is ****e and if they didn't have so much over the top security you wouldn't have to pay such ****ing outrageous ticket prices. No wonder they dont fill the place their ticket prices are criminal. Lucky my ticket were freebees.

Given unemployment on the Gold Coast is something like 80% you'd think they could at least find security with all their teeth and a passable standard of English.

Unless the locals can get to a train the trip to Skilled is terrible. My brother-in-law lives at the northern end of the Coast and the cab to Robina Tavern was $70! Then there is an almighty crush to get on the carriages after the game. Anyone get a train and how did you find it?

RE: "Skilled Stadium"

It's why we do a MWTS package, seat, all transport, pre game function ........works a charm!!!

I would agree numbers wise , fudged for sure and about 80 per cent Manly, lot in plain clothes and just a few hundred Titans members

Yea when we went there for Titans v Sea Eagles a few years ago the overall impression was poor. A big sterile hard-to-get-to place.
The pub somewhat nearby was ok, but I won't be going out of my way to go there again.

We outnumbered the Titans fans 3-2 easily. If there was 15000 the stadium must hold 40000. They moved the away supporters bay off to the side but we still filled the whole area behind the posts (well done Goldie Manly Fans). We parked at Mudgeeraba and got the bus which broke down on the way back. Everyone on the coast hates getting there.

I think Queensland would be better suited for the gay or bogan games rather than the commonwealth games anyway.

QLD has had to sack a lot of public servants just to be able to fund the games.

tookey said:
I think Queensland would be better suited for the gay or bogan games rather than the commonwealth games anyway.

QLD has had to sack a lot of public servants just to be able to fund the games.

HAHA! Yeah, that would, in the very least, give all the Mexicans with the poorly concealed massive inferiority complexes that are inhabiting Qld something to cheer for! :p

Good old Seagulls Stadium ****es upon it from a very great height.... and may it Rest In Peace forever (doubtful given the housing estate built upon it).

:(

Matabele said:
Seemed like you had a big group there last night Mark?

Pretty good, although smaller in number than we did have in the past. But to be fair we promoted the Robina Tavern and away supporters bay on Twitter and Facebook and large numbers did turn up, even if not on the "tour"

To be 100% honest I was gobsmacked by the numbers in Maroon and White there last night, if there was 15000 (more like about 9000 to me) 2/3 were Manly...ALL of the cheap seats were full of Eagles, and deadset there would not have been more than a few hundred Titans members there, the rest were in plain clothes.

Next year I might make a banner" Lower Brookvale North" because like Brisbane it's our home game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6