SKD assault case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
If proven true he is a grub of the highest order.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ces-domestic-violence-trial-in-sydney/7195434

The former partner of Sydney Roosters star centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall has told a court she was head-butted and kicked by the NRL footballer during separate assaults in February and March 2015.

Jessica Peris, the daughter of federal senator Nova Peris, alleges she was assaulted several times by Kenny-Dowall during their relationship in 2014 and 2015.

Key points:
  • Kenny-Dowall charged with assault, stalking and destroying ex-girlfriend's phone
  • Kenny-Dowall denies all charges
  • Jessica Peris alleges she was assaulted several times between 2014-2015
  • An estimated 40,000 text messages were exchanged between the pair over nine months
Kenny-Dowall has pleaded not guilty to charges including one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of common assault, and several allegations of stalking and intimidating Ms Peris.

The incidents allegedly took place over an eight-month period between October 2014 and June last year.

Ms Peris has given evidence to the Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney.

The court heard details of an earlier alleged assault occasioning actual bodily harm, in which Kenny-Dowall is accused of pinning Ms Peris against a wall, punching a picture next to her head, and gripping and bruising her arm.

Ms Peris, who is a full-time athlete and Rio Olympics hopeful, told the court her relationship with Kenny-Dowall was tumultuous and characterised by conflict and jealousy.

She said the pair's relationship first turned violent when Kenny-Dowall took her mobile phone and locked himself in a bathroom.

Argument over dog turned violent, court told
When he emerged, he allegedly threw the phone across the room and smashed it.

"I said 'look what you've done'," she said. "I was scared, and he pinned me up against the wall with his fist raised at me.

"He then punched a frame ... next to my head. He cut his knuckles and there was blood spraying across the room."

The court also heard details of an incident in February last year when the couple argued over whether Kenny-Dowall's dog could sleep indoors.

Ms Peris alleged he then locked her out of their bedroom, saying: "'How does it feel to be locked outside?' Referring to me as a dog."

During the argument, Ms Peris broke the latch of the couple's door.

Police allege Kenny-Dowall subsequently grabbed Ms Peris in a headlock, forced her to the ground and subsequently head-butted her.

In an incident the following month, Ms Peris alleges Kenny-Dowall repeatedly kicked her as she was trying to get into bed following a night out.

Kenny-Dowall admits punching picture frame but denies assault
Kenny-Dowall has admitted to punching the frame but says Ms Peris was over the other side of their bedroom at the time and denies assaulting her.

"The issue will be whether he did that out of frustration following an argument or whether the victim's head was anywhere near the picture ... we say she was on the other side of the room," Kenny-Dowall's counsel Ian Temby QC told the court.

He has also admitted to pouring alcohol on Ms Peris during an argument.
The issue will be whether that happened during the course of him gesturing during the context of a domestic argument or whether [the bottle] was hurled at her," Mr Temby said.

Mr Temby also told the court it was estimated that 40,000 text messages were exchanged between the pair between October 2014 and June 2015.

Mr Temby is also cross-examining witnesses concerning alleged occasional cocaine use by Ms Peris, and a previous domestic violence complaint made by Ms Peris against a former partner in Darwin.

Evidence of the handling by NRL club the Sydney Roosters of Ms Peris' domestic violence complaint has been tendered in court.

Communications between Ms Peris and officials at the Roosters have been tendered, including text messages between Ms Peris and a player liaison officer who was the first person at the Roosters to learn of the domestic violence allegations against Kenny-Dowall.

Emails between Ms Peris and the then-CEO of the Roosters, Brian Canavan, exchanged prior to criminal charges being laid, were also tendered.

The court heard that Kenny-Dowall's version of what occurred during two domestic incidents is different to the version of events alleged by police.

The hearing, which is set down for three days before magistrate Gregory Grogin, is continuing.

Whether he has actually physically assaulted her or not, is for the courts to decide...but one thing that is absolutely without question, is these two people are bat**** crazy. A relationship involving 40,000 text messages in 9 months, arguments over the pet dogs sleeping arrangements, and smashed photo frames, tells me these two need head doctors, not lawyers.

Whether he has actually physically assaulted her or not, is for the courts to decide...but one thing that is absolutely without question, is these two people are bat**** crazy. A relationship involving 40,000 text messages in 9 months, arguments over the pet dogs sleeping arrangements, and smashed photo frames, tells me these two need head doctors, not lawyers.
You forgot the cocaine use.

Seems a fairly unstable relationship with a lot of insecurity. That's if you can believe what is reported, no doubt there will be some poetic license there as well.

This is just what is alleged by the woman. Let's wait to read what he has to say, and how the court rules.
I would have thought every Manly fan had learned their lesson with the way people pre-judged Snake.
SKD is still innocent, unless the court rules otherwise.

This is just what is alleged by the woman. Let's wait to read what he has to say, and how the court rules.
I would have thought every Manly fan had learned their lesson with the way people pre-judged Snake.
SKD is still innocent, unless the court rules otherwise.
That's not entirely true. SKD has admitted to smashing the photo frame and his own legal team were the party that raised the absurdity of 40,000 text messages in 9 months...I am not commenting on whether he physically abused her or not...I am saying with the very little information we have at this point, it's pretty obvious the courts are dealing with two emotionally unstable individuals. Either way, at least one of them needs serious help...SKD if found guilty, is a girl basher, and if the woman has made it up, well that makes her a sociopath.

Personally old fashioned with these scenario's with innocent till guilty, not the other way round.
By the same token, Brett Stewart was stood down before being proven innocent & though I find this rule unfair, SKD should be on the sidelines, as should anyone else since setting this platform with Brett.

No he shouldn't be stood down, NRL know they stuffed up with Brett, though have never publicly admitted it of course.
However if found guilty he should then be stood down immediately, rather than allowed to play out the season as the NRL farcically allowed that Souths player to do a couple of years ago.

No he shouldn't be stood down, NRL know they stuffed up with Brett, though have never publicly admitted it of course.
However if found guilty he should then be stood down immediately, rather than allowed to play out the season as the NRL farcically allowed that Souths player to do a couple of years ago.
I agree however I do find it slightly hypocritical that the nrl don't knee jerk and suspend player any more, but they still won't admit they were wrong in doing so in Brett's case.

Obviously if found guilty he can book a 12 month holiday.
Fact is, he should not be labelled anything till proven as such.
The NRL has made a stance on this interim period pre ruling & after the crap Stewart went through, I certainly don't want ANY player to suffer that fate.
As for being stood down, for right or wrong it's been going on for other players & sick of seeing Rooster & Bulldogs players getting favourable treatment... Double standards is the term.

I agree that we should wait until finalised except I can't help myself. How often do you see these caustic relationships? Geesh from a far I say get out of each others lives.

Personally old fashioned with these scenario's with innocent till guilty, not the other way round.
By the same token, Brett Stewart was stood down before being proven innocent & though I find this rule unfair, SKD should be on the sidelines, as should anyone else since setting this platform with Brett.
Mate the two scenarios are chalk and cheese. Brett admitted to the heinous crime of catching a cab home from the season launch, Gallop had no choice but to suspend him. SKD at this stage is only in court facing charges of allegedly assaulting his girlfriend.

Just read this: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...p/news-story/925b4fcfae8b436611b205d120f97afe

"The court heard Peris wrote to the Roosters asking for accommodation and the use of a car for six months as well as one month’s income of an unspecified amount.

"The club offered her accommodation and a car for a month after she had separated from Kenny-Dowall.

"Unsatisfied with the club’s offer Peris then went to police but denied she would have not done so if Roosters gave her what she wanted.

"The court heard Peris was offered a $20,000 Range Rover and property of Kenny-Dowall by a third party."

Question: would this have had any salary cap implications? Can football clubs provide cars and accommodation for players' partners? And I wonder who offered her a Range Rover?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7