Six again late in tackle count

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
The team scored a really tough win tonight but we almost let the Knights back into it and it felt like (again) we were killing ourselves by giving away 6 agains on the 4th or 5th tackle...

I thought Klein was absolutely sh*t tonight and there were plenty that we're questionable but do others feel like we are the worst team in the comp for transgressing late in the tackle count? Frustrates the sh*t out of me...

Frustrates the hell out of me as well, frank. But honestly, it was like Klein was refereeing two different games. When we had the ball, it was okay for the Knights to wrestle us down and generally stuff around in the play the ball, but when the Knights had the ball if we didn't peel off the tackled player immediately it was six again.

Is it ill discipline, ****house refereeing or a combination of the two? I don't know the answer, but it makes the win even more impressive.

We were certainly guilty for laying over the players for too long. However the referee was not consistent with his rulings and the Knights also committed similar infringements. Outstanding 2nd half defense though to keep them out after all those repeat sets. It was a vert frustratating yet satisfying game.

The team scored a really tough win tonight but we almost let the Knights back into it and it felt like (again) we were killing ourselves by giving away 6 agains on the 4th or 5th tackle...

I thought Klein was absolutely sh*t tonight and there were plenty that we're questionable but do others feel like we are the worst team in the comp for transgressing late in the tackle count? Frustrates the sh*t out of me...
I think it's a symptom of our 2 man tackles. The teams that get away with slow PTBs have 3+ tacklers, especially late in the tackle count.

I understand what Des is trying to do but he might be trying to hard to out-think the room.

The game is broken. A good one on one legs tackle should be rewarded by allowing the defender to get his marker position. After Jake pulls off a classic one n one tackle chopping ‘‘em in half, he gets penalised for slowing it done one second to get to his mark. How stupid are the NRL not to reward and encourage good one on one tackles.

The NRL rather prefers 3 in the tackle with structured hold up, wrestle, and peeling which slows down the play for 7 seconds.

Double-standards. Fools.

How this for a quick fix? How about getting back to the attacking player must play the ball on their mark, not stroll a few extra metres. Just like the good old days … and allow the tackler a reasonable time to get back to his mark. There would be no need for hands on the balk or any other slow down or wrestle tactic.

Melbourne reinvented the game with every form of slow down wrestle. The malaise in the game has never been dealt with because it didn’t serve vested interest. if the marker was permitted to set themselves square, then there would be no need to look for advantages in the ruck and teams would adapt by playing better football once the ball has cleared the ruck … like the old days:

Sometimes we can be slow off the tackle, but tonight would have to be one of the worst lopsided referring displays as far as 6 agains are concerned and lack of for us I have seen.
There were 2 different interpretations out there tonight which makes the win all the more enjoyable.
But these inconsistent ref performance is what will drive me away from the game

Klein really frustrated me tonight. One ruck was policed and the other one was not!

First half he gave them penalties out of trouble far too many times. The repeat sets that we copped and not much given back was really irritating.

The farce that he missed the Keppie strip and we use captains challenge to overturn that howler.

At times tonight our discipline was questionable, what stunk to high heaven that we were not given the same chances that the home team enjoyed!

We were certainly guilty for laying over the players for too long. However the referee was not consistent with his rulings and the Knights also committed similar infringements. Outstanding 2nd half defense though to keep them out after all those repeat sets. It was a vert frustratating yet satisfying game.
Tyson frizell was doing it all night spartiati & was getting away with it.

Klein really frustrated me tonight. One ruck was policed and the other one was not!

First half he gave them penalties out of trouble far too many times. The repeat sets that we copped and not much given back was really irritating.

The farce that he missed the Keppie strip and we use captains challenge to overturn that howler.

At times tonight our discipline was questionable, what stunk to high heaven that we were not given the same chances that the home team enjoyed!
Same as the disallowed Knights try... you could hear Klein say he thought it was alright despite Frizell clearly cannoning into the outside shoulder of Foran - which has been a black and white ruling all year...!

Jake just goes on with **** too long.. A good hard tackle should be rewarded with a bit of time but in the current reffing book it isn’t so you just have to adapt.

This. I’m sorry but Jake is the biggest liability we have in the team at the moment. Absolutely love him for his passion and the hits he puts on but I reckon he gave away about 5 six agains tonight. I just don’t think he should be playing 80 mins, Walker should be coming on for him and Paseka should be first man off the bench (though should really be starting over Taupau). We have a good team but Des’s rotations do concern me

Klein was a joke tonight. Extremely inconsistent between the two sides on the wrestle and offside for defence, missed mandatory penalties for offside (when a player picks up the ball from an offside position). Couldnt even get the halftime timer correct and went close to 17 minutes, conveniently while Ponga was under a HIA...

Jake just goes on with **** too long.. A good hard tackle should be rewarded with a bit of time but in the current reffing book it isn’t so you just have to adapt.
No reward for one on one tackles. Should be called dominant and tackler given time to get to marker. Jake pinged more than any other player because he makes more one on one tackles. Similarly 4 players in a tackle should lead to a 6 again call. Only reason to put 4 men in a tackle is to slow the play the ball down as they peel off one at a time.

Paul Kent bashed us and called us out the other night on NRL180 ands we got pinged because of it, I believe. No crackdown (of course)...just a square up by Klein and a warning from NRL. I switched off in disgust at Klein and his constant 6 again crap. After Kapow went down with a "shoulder" injury, so we could get a high headshot penalty (with no HIA implications)...I realised this great game is almost being f#cked over by Superman Vladys

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8