Sione Fainu leaving?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My view of him and I think it was in the 9's and he played a bit of dummy half... which obviously isn't his strong suit but yes he was mobile but he didn't look a massive unit - he was damn stocky but not tall and he went ok but I thought as a prop his lack of height might be an issue in being able to bend the line and offload etc. 9's is a very hard game to stand out for a prop but he certainly didn't stand out then. But we can't keep them all. I agree Feledy is the one I think can be a Jamie Lyon type gun player.

TIGERS READY TO POUNCE ON YOUNG MANLY GUN

The Wests Tigers are interested in signing Sione Fainu — the younger brother of Manase.

Reports have been circulating for last week about the possible club switch, but it seems their chase has taken the next step with AAP’s George Clarke reporting Fainu toured the Tigers’ facilities on Tuesday morning.

The 20-year-old prop/lock is a part of Manly’s Top 30 this year but his contract expires at the end of the season.

He is yet to make his NRL debut but had a taste of New South Wales Cup last season despite still being age-eligible to play Jersey Flegg.

Reports have been circulating for last week about the possible club switch, but it seems their chase has taken the next step with AAP’s George Clarke reporting Fainu toured the Tigers’ facilities on Tuesday morning.
Let's hope it is mainly his manager trying to up Sione's contract. We should have sufficient money to retain him, with Walker leaving and Taupau & Boyle off contract at the end of the year.

Weekes, Saddler, Sione & Tuitavake

Sione et al.jpg

He is listed as 185 cm and 109 kg

Moses Leota is 182 cm and 107 kg

Spencer Leniu is 183 cm and 110 kg

Not much difference between the three and the panthers duo run rings around our players and seem to be the ideal prototype of prop these days

A bad loss especially as our current props are going very ordinary

He is certainly more deserving of a place than Boyle and even Aloiai who hasn't impressed since arriving

A bad loss especially as our current props are going very ordinary

He is certainly more deserving of a place than Boyle and even Aloiai who hasn't impressed since arriving
Outside of Jake and Haumole (and Schuster when he is fit), none of our forwards have demonstrated they should be guaranteed a position in the team. Which is why guys like Sione and Tuitavake should be given a shot to show what they can do. Honestly, what have we got to lose?

This is why I wasn't overly thrilled with Boyle re-signing.
I think Boyle is signed to the end of this year. Also, I wasn't that excited about Aloiai's signing @ 600k when we had several young props coming through (their progress delayed by covid & injury).

Maybe Des & his retention team are more accustomed to having stodgy porridge for breakfast rather than Coco Pops (snap, crackle, pop) :)

I agree with those who think Sione is the type of forward we should be giving game time to.

He is powerful, with decent leg speed and really good late footwork. He would provide a point of difference to the big cumbersome forwards we currently have. He can throw a tidy pass and is very competitive. I don’t know what Manly are thinking here....

Could be that once he saw our signing of Kelma Tuilagi, he thought fuk that, another hurdle I have to jump to get a crack at first grade. Having Boyle in front of you has got to be disheartening.
Possible, isn't Tuilagi a 2nd rower though ? I presumed we got him to replace Shu, so shu could move to 5/8 / lock or something like that.

Agree Sionne might be a big loss in the scheme of things going forward, just like Api turned out to be.

This is why I wasn't overly thrilled with Boyle re-signing.

Sure as a depth player he is grand but you know with Dessie in charge he'll block the path for players like Alec and Sione
Des did the same when he re-signed George, Bryant and King which meant we couldn't retain JWH

He sticks too much with plodders who don't do the job I admire Parker but there is no way we can win a comp with him at centre Same for Harper

Des did the same when he re-signed George, Bryant and King which meant we couldn't retain JWH. He sticks too much with plodders...

Well, sort of... or almost.

Bryant finished with Manly in 2008 (as a premiership winner) whereas JWH debuted for us in 2009, before joining Chooks in 2010 so that part's wrong!

Also, George and King both went on to further premiership success in 2011 (King missed the GF due to injury) so it's one thing to say keeping JWH would be good, but its not quite right to suggest the other guys were plodders. King's best years were arguably 2010 and 2011, in both he was picked for NSW.

I agree with those who think Sione is the type of forward we should be giving game time to.

He is powerful, with decent leg speed and really good late footwork. He would provide a point of difference to the big cumbersome forwards we currently have. He can throw a tidy pass and is very competitive. I don’t know what Manly are thinking here....
I agree. I wonder if it is a possible swap deal to get tuilagi here now.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11