1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigh

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    So I received an email this morning that there was more fighting last night and I am not surprised to see some of the parties involved, I hear more legal threats were bandied about and i haven't seen any of the posts involved as they have now been deleted, however can I just say...

http://files.sharenator.com/wtf_is_this_****_the_post_of_reposts-s400x297-231018-580.jpg

This is a footy forum all this **** about legal threats have absolutely no place here an they also have no groundings in reality.

I will say that certain people post looking for trouble when trouble comes they cry foul.

I am drawing a line in the sand right here and now, because it's clear to me who is the most detrimental to the site and people on the site.

If I see any more of thi **** I will personally be banning people whether they feel they are th victim of some thing or not, I reserve the right to ban people and exclude them for any reason whatsoever at anytime at my discretion and that will be coming into effect.

So I suggest that people stop being dick heads and just get on with talking about footy and if they can not do that in a reasonable an respectful manner thn this site is not for them

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    legal action from who ?

cant see image btw

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    I can imagine. Dan pours so much effort into this site for everyone, and to have to deal with threats like that is like a spit in the face to him.

This is a footy forum. I have asked Dan for moderation powers. If there are any threats (tangible and/or intangible), I will permanently delete a person's ip from this site for good (Dan is far to kind to do that to anyone).

We had an excellent group here at one point, that was able to jibe each other in a friendly manner, because at the end of the day, we were all mates, with a common goal (a successful Sea Eagles).

There are those now that take too much to heart, and use threats of legal action , which, like Daniel has confirmed, really have no groundings, and are ridiculous.

Therefore, if I am granted that moderation power, be warned, this is a place for footy, fun, and like in the "real world", banter between supporters will happen.

Be an adult about it (not a child), and don't take it to heart. If you do take it to heart - leave, and don't return. This place, and its culture isn't for you.

This site is about enjoyment - if you don't enjoy it, as they say, it's a democracy, and get over it / move on.

Wow.

EDIT: The Eagle, you have now threatened Napper, Jatz and I with legal action (in the span of a week). You'd need to make it a class suit mate. You'd need plenty of dough to sue three different people. Seriously, do you have fun here?

I personally put you on ignore, so you don't worry me in the slightest any more. But seriously, like I have written above, you need grow up, and not take things to heart.

Enough with the threats. Your lucky Dan just doesn't pull the site. I would. How would you feel then?

4. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Everyone play nicely now boys and girls as you have been warned

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    That reads like you have a MASSIVE hangover mate ! Hahahahaha - you edited it before I got to say this :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    I've engaged Geoff bellew, just in case

7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    I haven't been the following the forum very closely lately and missed the latest kerfuffle. However after being a member here for several years I can say I have full confidence in the current moderators and again congratulate Dan and the others for providing a great site and forum.

It is a strength of the forum that different views can be aired and from my perspective the more the merrier. I would love the forum to attract more active posting from all sections of society - including females, non-Anglos, supporters of different clubs, etc - and I support what is clearly the current policy of judging posts on their content on a case by case basis.

I know Dan doesn't speak out very often like this so I so hope all concerned take his comments on board.

Long live Silvertails!

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    Maybe The Eagle could use a QC - they charge 10k per day (not joking), I know a few.

Actually, one that I know well has just taken a big Australian Government case (he reckons it's an 18 month job), and he said to me, "Ryan, I had to drop my pants, because it's a government job, and the tenure is longer, but I had to go to 5,666 per day".

Wow

9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    I have acess to a S.C at a slight discount (7.5% off) if anyone needs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    It doesn't take much these days to get one either.:D

11. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    And if you can't afford that, there's always Dennis Denuto.

12. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Imagine suing somone you've never met.

As Dan said, some can give but can't take.

13. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Less talk more action.

Rather than a 'like' button have a "dickhead' button.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Hahahahahahahaha legal action

If you're needing to say that then maybe it is time to invest in a life outside of a footy forum

15. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    You're a liar he can't represent anyone anymore he's a supreme court judge.
    Lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    We should get mr I to do some arbitration as he believes that he knows everything.

17. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    If there was one of those buttons everyone of your posts would cop it during a certain 6 week period every year mate :d

18. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    I hired Jackie Chiles

19. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    This forum is more dysfunctional then the Sea Eagles boardroom

20. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Denis dunutto he's good with vibes and jists of things.

• Like Like x 1