1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Sharks remain in the comp ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagle_predator, May 22, 2009.

Should the Sharks remain in the comp ?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 5:28 PM.
  1. Yes they should remain in the comp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No they shouldn't remain in the comp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should the Sharks remain in the competition ? while i don't like the Sharks as a club i think they should remain in the comp they have been around since 1967 but time may not be on their side now ??

2. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 16
    Should be another option "relocate"

3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    I don't really think that this is a matter of opinion.

If they can afford to stay, what possible (valid) reason could anyone have to kick any team out?

4. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Stuff them.  They are Super League scum and there are too many clubs in sydney.

5. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I second the motion. As a Sydney team I don't want them in the comp because in my opinion there are far too many Sydney teams as there is but I am quite open to them relocating elsewhere

6. Duff

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    You can't say there are too many clubs in Sydney.

Memories are short.
    This is the old Sydney comp. Everyone from Canberra & Illawarra onwards are expansion teams. They're guests, invited in to the Sydney comp to add to it, not to replace existing teams.

Brisbane has it's 1st comp too, something which the Broncos don't seem to respect.

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    This stopped being a Sydney competition years before Super League when the comp was changed from being run by the NSWRL to being run by the ARL. The NSWRL are still running their own comp in which Norths, Wests, Balmain etc are still playing in.

8. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Duff is such a stirrer.

9. Duff

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Well if that's the case, Manly only have two premierships and Souths have none. Souths are always quoted as having the most NRL titles.
    The current NRL first grade is just an extension of the old ARL first grade which is an extension of the old NSWRL first grade.

It's our comp & we should be guarenteed that if we're born following a team we can die following that team. That goes for all trad clubs, scumbags & all.

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Extending your failed logic, people born before 1967 should be calling for the immediate expulsion of the Sharks and Panfers.  Those born before 1947 would prefer we get thrown out along with the slime.

11. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    LOL, not once has Duff suggested expulsion for anyone. He has said that expansion should not be at the expense of a current side

Which clubs were sacificed in 67 for the Sharks and Panthers to come in ?

Which clubs were sacrificed in 47 for Manly and Parramatta to come in ?

12. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point KE but i still think the Sharks should have the right to remain in the comp if they can ? but it's not looking good for them at this point.

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Tell that to Balmain Tigers, Wests Magpies, Illawarra Steelers, Newtown Jets, Norths Bears,.....and they tried it with Souths once already. Didn't they make way for Broncos, Melb, Cowboys, Warriors, Titans etc

14. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Tell that to Balmain Tigers, Wests Magpies, Illawarra Steelers, Newtown Jets, Norths Bears,.....and they tried it with Souths once already. Didn't they make way for Broncos, Melb, Cowboys, Warriors, Titans etc
    [/quote]

That post was in response to Mata's point

In regards to yours, Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors and Titans cost nobody a slot in the comp. Melbourne did at the end of the Super League War, and some of the clubs mentioned went from natural causes, not a knife through the chest

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Some would argue otherwise. The knife may not have been in the chest, but it was stuck between the ribs nonetheless.

16. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    KE the Sharks are not being replaced.  They're being read their deserved last rites.

17. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I understand that mata, if they go through natural causes, so be it

18. bhot

bhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    [/quote]

Wasn't there are Gold Coast team before..the seagulls
    and now we have Titans?