Shaun Kenny-Dowell AVO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What would Gallop do?

I wonder how Brett would feel about reading this?

Where's Rebecca Wilson?

Come on Bec let it fly. You've been VERY conspicuous with your absence on this. The silence is deafening.

Oops, sorry it appears you only do that if it is a Manly player don't you?

Where's Rebecca Wilson?

Come on Bec let it fly. You've been VERY conspicuous with your absence on this. The silence is deafening.

Oops, sorry it appears you only do that if it is a Manly player don't you?
You would like to think that the Bourbon guzzler has learnt to shut up until the total facts are known before a court or is she just hung over this week?

I'm still loathe to jump to conclusions given the whole debacle that surrounded Snake's allegations, so I'll keep the benefit of the doubt open until he's been through court..
Yeah but what ****s me about this is when Snake was accused of allegedly sexually assaulting a girl outside her home, the NRL immediately suspended him, without any questions asked, for several weeks and to this day have not forwarded an apology to the Stewarts not to mention all the media brouhaha that followed in tarnishing his name and the club. How is SKD any different and why didn't the NRL suspend him until such time the case was heard in court. Oh wait I forgot it's the Roorters!

SKD was admitted to hospital on the day of his court appearance for what? an overdose of guilt!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah but what ****s me about this is when Snake was accused of allegedly sexually assaulting a girl outside her home, the NRL immediately suspended him, without any questions asked, for several weeks and to this day have not forwarded an apology to the Stewarts not to mention all the media brouhaha that followed in tarnishing his name and the club. How is SKD any different and why didn't the NRL suspend him until such time the case was heard in court. Oh wait I forgot it's the Roorters!

SKD was admitted to hospital on the day of his court appearance for what? an overdose of guilt!!!!!

FFS because they got it wrong with Brett do they need to repeat the mistake every time?

Lets burn every player at the cross the moment they are accused. As for hospital comment unless you have knowledge of what he is going through then that is a pretty poor comment (and we wonder why so many people have no idea about mental health issues)

Don't forget that $ouffs player that was allowed to play last year after being found guilty of beating the snot out of his missus? (Auva'a)

He pleads guilty in May, but isn't sentenced until after the season ends so he keeps playing no worries.. There's no allegations, no he said, she said, definitely no grey area. But all good according to $ouffs and the NRL...

Some mixed info but again, considering he has been pretty much banned this year (after the case concluded) I am not sure there is much more they could do

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k-for-six-months/story-fnp0lyn3-1227118744166

Like it or not I believe the only way to deal with these issues is to let them run their course in court and then act when they have been completed....unless there are exceptional circumstances involved

I get Manly fans anger when these things come up re how Snake was treated. However, suggesting everyone should be treated as poorly as Brett was is ridiculous and counter-productive. The NRL ****ed up with Brett. No, they haven't admitted it, but everyone knows it, including the NRL. That doesn't mean the same mistake should continue to be made. If they've learnt from their mistakes in that situation, then something good has come from it. I just don't think us jumping up and down screaming "What about Brett, what about Brett!!!" every time this happens does us, the club, or Brett any favours.

FFS because they got it wrong with Brett do they need to repeat the mistake every time?

Lets burn every player at the cross the moment they are accused. As for hospital comment unless you have knowledge of what he is going through then that is a pretty poor comment (and we wonder why so many people have no idea about mental health issues)
Yeah your right, the hospital comment was in poor taste and I retract my comment, especially when I know much about mental health issues dealing with it in the profession I work in.

It's irritating when you hear about NRL players (or any sports participants for that matter), who are the fortunate and honorable few, doing the wrong thing and bringing their profession into disrepute whether guilty or innocent.

Apologies to all.

I think its pretty gutless that he is now too "mentally fragile" to attend a court hearing. Soft as. If innocent, man up and fight for it. If guilty, man up and cop the punishment.

I think its pretty gutless that he is now too "mentally fragile" to attend a court hearing. Soft as. If innocent, man up and fight for it. If guilty, man up and cop the punishment.
What's strange is that at most its a 5 minute process. The charges are read and he answers 'Not Guilty'.

His meltdown is a sign of deeper issues.

Delaying a hearing would just snowball the stress and the media hysteria.@:cool:

When does the $100k fine for bringing the game into disrepute come into play?

Roosters have a string of offenders in their club that are candidates.

SKD
Ferguson - offence not at Roosters but still a grub
Pearce
Jennings
Friend
Meehan

Not to mention Carney.

And Robinson says the club has a great culture.

Give me a break.

They say they're standing by SKD and he's in a dark place and not once have they mentioned her & what support she may need.

I agree with being innocent till proven guilty but the NRL made its bed with Brett Stewart's case & are now showing they can be as inconsistent off the field as they are on it.

I know Gallop was CEO then but it's standard set but not followed.

The comp and its hierarchy are a farce!

Yeah your right, the hospital comment was in poor taste and I retract my comment, especially when I know much about mental health issues dealing with it in the profession I work in.

It's irritating when you hear about NRL players (or any sports participants for that matter), who are the fortunate and honorable few, doing the wrong thing and bringing their profession into disrepute whether guilty or innocent.

Apologies to all.
it takes a strong person to apologise like that; much respect.

What if he is totally innocent of all the charges? Can you imagine what it would be like to have this hanging over your head? It is easy to say from a distance what you say but until all the facts are tabled it is not fair to pass judgement. What they did to Brett was criminal cause he was hung drawn and quartered by the news limited media before he had his day in court and when the judge through out the farcical charges against him.

There is NO place what so ever for domestic violence in society what so ever but until the court trial happens its best to let things take their course without comment.

Innocent till proven guilty, yes.

However, if he did it, man up and admit it, apologise and stand down out of respect.

If the charges are false, calmly deny them and await your day in court to put your side of the story.

The nrl used the " he was too pissed" excuse despite having no evidence, what they did was use the media to propagate this story to cover there ass
I will not pass judgement on skd until FACTS are reported

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4