Shaun Johnson

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reportedly the Warriors are happy to let go of him. Reckon he’d be good if we could pull off a swap, it may suit the cap as well. Say give them Taufua (Suli preferably, and also Parker!) and return Sipley, then we could have a swap for cheap, release one of the hooker options and then recruit a backline player such as hoppa (really should be going after him). Warriors apparently have interest in already signing a half as well so we don’t necessarily have to give them one.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian Kelly
3. Dylan Walker
4. William Hopoate
5. Moses Suli (fit!)
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Lachlan Croker/Fainu/Koroisau (release one)

Once again just a thought. Upgrade to Elgey, but cap may still play a part even with swaps. Anyways

Edit * I don’t actually know whether I’d like to see this or not, but just felt I should have thrown it out there
Get rid of one of Croker, Fainu, Api??? Are seriously putting Croker & Fainu in the same category as Api?? The two former don't come close in talent or skill! Api will go up a notch next year! We don't need Johnson! Elgey will surprise many on here in 2019 & his combination with DCE will flourish under the tutelage of Des.
Tom T
T Funa
D Walker
B Kelly
R Garrick
Elgey
DCE

One of the most over rated players in the comp, pea heart when it comes to contact and fragile up top when it is time to produce in a big game

Wasn't that musical youth?
Or have I been passing it.......

Im the one who has been passing it, your right mate ..
Reason I mention Marley was I heard a version of the song by him which was much better than the original by Musical Youth....I cant find it on you tube so must have been a live recording or something...

Get rid of one of Croker, Fainu, Api??? Are seriously putting Croker & Fainu in the same category as Api?? The two former don't come close in talent or skill! Api will go up a notch next year! We don't need Johnson! Elgey will surprise many on here in 2019 & his combination with DCE will flourish under the tutelage of Des.
Tom T
T Funa
D Walker
B Kelly
R Garrick
Elgey
DCE
Coming around to agree on Johnson, absolutely agree that it’s overrated, although I didn’t say in the post I wanted him, just thought about putting out an idea to see how people feel about it. Seems Silvertails has decided and with that I am persuaded

As for Croker, Api and Fainu. Well, I’m sticking to my guns (till proven by Api in 2019 hopefully!) that Api is an individualist player that won’t be able to direct us that well, although if a scenario came around like this where Croker 100% lost his position in the halves, he’d be pushed to hooker and you only need two of them

Im the one who has been passing it, your right mate ..
Reason I mention Marley was I heard a version of the song by him which was much better than the original by Musical Youth....I cant find it on you tube so must have been a live recording or something...
I wonder if you were right anyway.
If Marley did then that could've been the original...

Why is everyone obsessed with Elgey? He couldn't even nail down a spot at the retirement home known as the Gold Coast Titans

The guy is rubbish ffs

Reportedly the Warriors are happy to let go of him. Reckon he’d be good if we could pull off a swap, it may suit the cap as well. Say give them Taufua (Suli preferably, and also Parker!) and return Sipley, then we could have a swap for cheap, release one of the hooker options and then recruit a backline player such as hoppa (really should be going after him). Warriors apparently have interest in already signing a half as well so we don’t necessarily have to give them one.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian Kelly
3. Dylan Walker
4. William Hopoate
5. Moses Suli (fit!)
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Lachlan Croker/Fainu/Koroisau (release one)

Once again just a thought. Upgrade to Elgey, but cap may still play a part even with swaps. Anyways

Edit * I don’t actually know whether I’d like to see this or not, but just felt I should have thrown it out there

Yes , sign Shaun Johnson for 2020 , before the Rorters do.

Definitely do not want Johnson. He is far too inconsistent, and doesn't warrant 1 million a season for what he produces which I would call short rare glimpses of his bigger ability. He isn't even remotely the best player in the Warriors side now with RTS, Green and Luke running the side.

We need to trust in Elgey, he is a good young half with plenty of ability which was stunted by injuries. He has a good coach and some great players around him to develop plus we can't really afford a big name five-eight, I could see Foran coming back but only on minimal money with an injury clause somewhere abouts.

Good on the club for standing firm, not rolling over, and just not releasing him for nothing. They are playing it smart.
If the Sharks want to fill that Holmes void, they may need to compensate the Warriors for it.

That's smart business practice.

While they await salary cap punishment.... The comp is a joke.

I'd say The Sharks wanted him for free.
Johnson asked for a release (immediately - and cheekily)
Warriors said no chance, we want compensation (at least)
Sharks give up an asset to get him (also then fitting him in the cap)

He’s a great player on his day but has been very inconsistent.

I’m not sure if it’s Kearney he can’t work with but Johnson hasn’t been playing like his usual self for a couple of years now.

He’d be a great pickup for someone and I’m surprised the Raiders don’t go for him.

He’s been one of my favourite players for a few years but has been disappointing of late.

If Cronulla do get him (very surprised if they do) wonder what happens to Townsend....unless they want Moylan at 1 and Dugan at centre?

I think Townsend is a very reliable, good half and I’d love to have him paired with DCE if he ever did come on the market. He wouldn’t be on big money like most halves but doubt Cronulla would let him go. Maybe they want Johnson with Townsend?

Either way, the move for Johnson could be the making of him.

Hope he goes to club that’s been battling and not a powerhouse like the roosters or broncos.

He’s a great player on his day but has been very inconsistent.

I’m not sure if it’s Kearney he can’t work with but Johnson hasn’t been playing like his usual self for a couple of years now.

He’d be a great pickup for someone and I’m surprised the Raiders don’t go for him.

He’s been one of my favourite players for a few years but has been disappointing of late.

If Cronulla do get him (very surprised if they do) wonder what happens to Townsend....unless they want Moylan at 1 and Dugan at centre?

I think Townsend is a very reliable, good half and I’d love to have him paired with DCE if he ever did come on the market. He wouldn’t be on big money like most halves but doubt Cronulla would let him go. Maybe they want Johnson with Townsend?

Either way, the move for Johnson could be the making of him.

Hope he goes to club that’s been battling and not a powerhouse like the roosters or broncos.
Johnson and Townsend did play together at the warriors. So it does make sense

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8