Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 30
PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 23th July 2023

Venue:
.... PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware, NSW

Gates Open:.... 11:30am.

Jersey Flegg Cup Kick Off Time:.... Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 11:35am.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 4:05pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dean Matterson
15. Aaron Woods
16. Sean Keppie
17. Matthew Lodge

Replacement:

22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

Reserves:

Out:

18. Ethan Bullemor
19. Jake Arthur
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Morgan Harper
  • Ben Condon
  • Kaeo Weekes
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Cooper Johns
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Sunday, 23 Jul 2023) * * *

Sea Eagles superstar Tom Trbojevic spent a week in hospital after suffering a complication in his recovery from a season-ending pectoral injury with Manly officials confirming the move was just a precaution. His brother Ben is set to be sidelined for three weeks after suffering a hamstring strain at training on Sunday.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 23)
  • Karl Lawton (Calf, Round 23-24)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Pectoral, Season)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 23)
  • Karl Lawton (Calf, Round 24)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Pectoral, Next Season)

They are uptempo, intense, fast, and compete in everything. Basically, everything we aren't. Literally no point watching us get lapt again.

Bring on 2024.

I'm looking forward.to reading about Flanagan and the Dragons all week again though.

Pl3hc2u2A2ktW.gif

We'll look down and out, but we'll get the surprise win! 🦈🦅

For me the side that should be picked(but no chance it will
Toby
Garrick
Parker
Koula
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi/Fainu
Uesele
--------
GCKTong
Matterson
Keppie
Boyle.
More energy,pace,workrate,desire and mongrel than what is shown so far.
Toby will do a better job creating opportunities than Garrick as much as I love Garrick as a player(just not at fullback)

In no particular order....

1. Jake back to no. 10, early hit ups and defence only, NO 2ND RECEIVER BALL PLAYING STIFLING THE ATTACK
2. Schuster to study Foran videos and start running hard at the line, NO STUPID POINTLESS NO LOOK PASSES
3. Starting pack: 8 Paseka 9 Croker, 10 Jake, 11 Ola, 12 Tuilagi, 13 Keppie, TUI/OLA TO GET MORE BALL IN SPACE
4. Bench: 14 GKTC or Matterson (Croker can't keep playing 80), 15 Sipley, 16 Lodge, 17 Aloiai or Bullemor, WOODS OUT
5. Flanagan gone: clearly can't possibly be assistant when already ACTIVELY WORKING ON DRAGONS 2024

Team Tips: Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold was disappointed in his bench against the Cowboys, stating “We need more from the rest of our bench. I feel as though they need to add a bit more when they come on.” This, coupled with new recruit Matt Lodge’s best afield performance for Blacktown in NSW Cup could see the prop named in the first grade side. In fact, The Daily Telegraph is reporting Lodge will earn a spot on the bench for Manly while Sean Keppie is also set for a recall. Lodge scored a try, got a linebreak, 12 tackle busts and ran for a game-high of 198 metres, while also making 18 tackles with one miss over the weekend in reserve grade.

Think we've got problems, checked out the Sharks Forum, their fans don't give them much of a chance against us, a lot saying they should blood the youngsters and should start planning for next year. They also said our bigger forward pack will smash theirs etc etc... lol, well I hope that comes true.

Think we've got problems, checked out the Sharks Forum, their fans don't give them much of a chance against us, a lot saying they should blood the youngsters and should start planning for next year. They also said our bigger forward pack will smash theirs etc etc... lol, well I hope that comes true.
Yeah to be honest they have their issues as well , they were terrible the last round.

And funny isn’t it , we think we are the only fans with issues.

Sounds like we're being baited by sharks. I thought it was sposed to be the other way round.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Peter Gough
Referee

Drew Oultram
Touch Judge

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Grant Atkins
Senior Review Official

At least this week, there is no sign of Adam "Six More against Manly " Gee as one of the Match Officials.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8