Server Move complete and ATTN: Android App users

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Ok I have finished the move to the new server. I need to do a few little cleanup bits and pieces but it all should work now.

Let me know if you come up with any errors but for the most part everything should just work as it did before.

Now I can move on to making some new stuff and doing a new specific for mobile theme.

Android Users: Can you tell me when you use the App in android with push notifications, do the push notifications take you to the actual post or do they just load the app and forum?

Cheers
Dan

I must say the site is running like a dream Dan. Now just 1 more week until the season starts :) ps. Thanks for all your hard work keeping this site going!

It's pretty fast even from here even though it's hosted in Sydney the disk speeds are great but let's see what happens as we get load on the server

Ok I have finished the move to the new server. I need to do a few little cleanup bits and pieces but it all should work now.

Let me know if you come up with any errors but for the most part everything should just work as it did before.

Now I can move on to making some new stuff and doing a new specific for mobile theme.

Android Users: Can you tell me when you use the App in android with push notifications, do the push notifications take you to the actual post or do they just load the app and forum?

Cheers
Dan
Dan can you quote me here so I get a notification and I'll check it on the app.

No worries, worked this time also, also app is much faster now. Much faster!
Awesome thanks for the feedback.

I'm really happy with the server. The app is ok it's not perfect but I'm happy with what it is so far. I may offer an alternative inthe future that will be for posts and reading only if it's more desirable.

We also had an update that has swipe forward to forward as well.

I think I will just have to make a mobile specific design I'll try to do that tomorrow if I find time (tonight your time)

I'm in kid duty though and a mate coming over for beers.

We have had ice and snow last few days so I want to try and get the kids out for air.

Archie is much more improved now too

Just noticed that every notification opens a new pages
Wait are you using the app?

It should only open the app once and open the direct post it referenced.

The website is a different part

I am now getting an error message when trying to quote posts, related to new server or maybe just my clunky machine?

I am now getting an error message when trying to quote posts, related to new server or maybe just my clunky machine?
What is the error?

Please pm it to me

At a guess it's cache issues or dns update conflicts

Any issues over the past 24 hours?

I am going to kick off some backup testing shortly to see how that performs as that is the biggest resource hog

images (5).jpg
****stumbles into dangerous, and out of depth thread. Appropriate action must be taken asap*****

Cheers
Dan
Dan I'm an android user who downloaded the app last week. Previously you said that swiping backwards on the screen will make you go back, swiping forwards will make you go forwards. Just letting you know that this function has never worked for me.

I'm using the Nexus 5 with Android version 6.0.1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6