Seibs Going Right Off at Presser.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I bet that if you asked anyone in the media or in the NRL to explain how the hit on Garrick was less dangerous than the hit on Isaako ... without quoting the rulebook answer of it was legal because Garrick caught it on the bounce.....and none of them would be able to give an answer.

Take how the ball got to Garrick and Issako out of the equation and from the time they caught the ball it was a full on carbon copy. Yet Zac Laybutt's hit was a penalty and is on report (will probably get a fine) while CNK had no case to answer and we lost the ball.

Last edited:
Most here, including me, were pleased Seibold didn't hold back in slamming a bad decision. Especially as it was one the bunker had plenty of time to think about.
On the other hand, and while it is certainly traditional to boo the ref, this gives an interesting insight into the other side of the coin..

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Good article and makes you think. Watch a reserve grade game and you move on from a referee decision and watch the game.
In the NRL, player has a tough game, he has 12 team mates and 3 coaches in real time to protect him or get him out through interchange. Depending on who he plays for, the commentary can be very supportive.

Anyone else sick of seeing Seibold at a pressr and giving credit to the opposition and not bring critical of our team.
Last night's pressr after the Canberra match gave the impression he doesn't have a care in the world, just stating we have to be better and be able to close out matches without actually being critical of our absolute SCHIIT 2nd half performance.
He spends more time praising the opposition and stating how ruff it is in the NRL.

Anyone else sick of seeing Seibold at a pressr and giving credit to the opposition and not bring critical of our team.
Last night's pressr after the Canberra match gave the impression he doesn't have a care in the world, just stating we have to be better and be able to close out matches without actually being critical of our absolute SCHIIT 2nd half performance.
He spends more time praising the opposition and stating how ruff it is in the NRL.
And I am sick of them saying, yes we have things to work on and we are addressing those issues, we have to be better and we will work on those issues. Its the same throw away line they use every week. Dont say it, do it, Hey fella,s I can tell you what it is, its called attitude. Only one game this year that we havent leaked over 20 points a game and that was the Penrith game and that was only 2 points short of 20. We have to be better, heaps better

Sadly the post match pressers are a transactional event where a coach won’t criticise his team and feed the media hacks.

It has no upside for dressing room harmony.

Seibs prefers handing out printed participation certificates post match for this new generation. Consider it his version of “Likes”

Sadly the post match pressers are a transactional event where a coach won’t criticise his team and feed the media hacks.

It has no upside for dressing room harmony.

Seibs prefers handing out printed participation certificates post match for this new generation. Consider it his version of “Likes”

Plenty of other coaches have been openly critical of their team. Bellamy, Ricky, Flanagan, Payten to name a few.
Has not upset their dressing room.

Why is Manly any different 🤔

Plenty of other coaches have been openly critical of their team. Bellamy, Ricky, Flanagan, Payten to name a few.

Well we know now we are weaker mentally than the Raiders by at least 2 points.

Bellamy’s record speaks for itself.

I don’t reckon Payten and Flanno have it sorted.

We all know how it worked out for Demetriou.

And I am sick of them saying, yes we have things to work on and we are addressing those issues, we have to be better and we will work on those issues. Its the same throw away line they use every week. Dont say it, do it, Hey fella,s I can tell you what it is, its called attitude. Only one game this year that we havent leaked over 20 points a game and that was the Penrith game and that was only 2 points short of 20. We have to be better, heaps better

We have to improve our defense, no doubt.

But we are actually middle of the road.

We are conceding 22.2 points a game with is the 8 worst (or 9th best depending how you want to look at it)

14 teams are conceding 3 converted tries or worse (well Bulldogs 17.9 but close enough).

So we have to improve but I dont know about heaps better.

I thought Seibold's press conference last night started out fine. He straight-up said we were soft, didn't have a "hard edge" right from the kick-off, and that we got what we deserved. He also gave credit to the Raiders for hanging in there, and added they also got what they deserved. Can't argue with any of that.

But yeah, then he switched to "I don't want to be too critical" mode and mentioned that we did some good things out there, all of which I apparently missed watching from home.

As frustrated fans, I think we'd all love to hear him give the team an earful, but I just don't think that's his style.

And yes, the buzzwords ("the cluster of teams we're trying to break out of", the "work-ons", etc) annoy the **** out of me as well.

The team has been rocks and diamonds all year, so up and down in games with no game awareness or management in tight times.

There are no excuses for that farce last night and the errors from our most experienced players cost us the game and needs to be called out for what it is!

I thought Seibold's press conference last night started out fine. He straight-up said we were soft, didn't have a "hard edge" right from the kick-off, and that we got what we deserved. He also gave credit to the Raiders for hanging in there, and added they also got what they deserved. Can't argue with any of that.

But yeah, then he switched to "I don't want to be too critical" mode and mentioned that we did some good things out there, all of which I apparently missed watching from home.

As frustrated fans, I think we'd all love to hear him give the team an earful, but I just don't think that's his style.

And yes, the buzzwords ("the cluster of teams we're trying to break out of", the "work-ons", etc) annoy the **** out of me as well.
I’m no Willy Loman fan,but he’s not going to give the team/players a spray at a press conference/in public and nor should he.Those things should be kept to the inner sanctum.Fans give the players enough of a spray,so the coach doesn’t need to incite more criticism.Us fans should know that the players wouldn’t be happy with that performance,especially having a bloke like JakeT in the team,who never hides his emotions.They would of received a rev up

Reading between the lines of some anecdotal evidence, in particular, senior players at Brisbane, Seibs lost a large portion of the dressing room. Maybe he is too nice now because of the way it fell apart for him in the past.

Reading between the lines of some anecdotal evidence, in particular, senior players at Brisbane, Seibs lost a large portion of the dressing room. Maybe he is too nice now because of the way it fell apart for him in the past.

He lost a large portion of the team due to the fact he couldn't coach or had zero ideas on how to get out of a slump of losses.

His cliche book of quotes did not work in changing game plans or getting the best out of players.

I’m no Willy Loman fan,but he’s not going to give the team/players a spray at a press conference/in public and nor should he.Those things should be kept to the inner sanctum.Fans give the players enough of a spray,so the coach doesn’t need to incite more criticism.Us fans should know that the players wouldn’t be happy with that performance,especially having a bloke like JakeT in the team,who never hides his emotions.They would of received a rev up
I think he could take a page out of the Roger Rogerson playbook and put a Sydney White Pages to good use.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8