Seibold is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This is Seibolds team
This is Seibolds baby and he rocks the cradle
Siebold is his players mentor and motivator
Like all head coaches Seibold is accountable for his teams performances and results

My observation is the Trovjavic brothers and DCE are running the side and when Manly interviewed Seibold it was done by the 3 brothers and DCE.
Why else could Waddell play for our team and not make any other NRL side!
Why is glamour boy play centre and lucky to be playing wing??
Rubbish absolute rubbish and starting to look ugly.
Please dear god I hope Seibold contract is not extended but happy for it to be cut short.

Firstly I can't only give Seibold the blame for these efforts, but there's no doubt he is part of the issue as coach when they are playing NRL level and have these 10 minutes clock off EVERY game
Tooves name was mentioned in this thread and if Manly want some legitimate DNA he would be perfect to get involved
Maybe the role like Flanagan had next to Seibold, so when Seibs tries the rocket science of what's going wrong, Tooves can look him (and the players) in the eyes and tell them they are soft as marshmallows and playing like cats, forget the tricky stuff, roll up the sleeves and run harder tackle harder and have a go FFS....have pride in that that Seaeagles emblem or f*** off

you know what,

i was all for him and thought i’d give him some time but after tonight it’s over

complete dud that cannot coach, all he does is talk PC bull**** and catch phrases

sack this imposter!!!

A little perspective… had we held the line for the last 5-10mins of half, may we’ll have been a different result?

Clearly see how much we missed ‘groggy froggy’ and our origin backrow candidate. Won’t miss Tom like everyone thinks… on current form, the injury will be a good chance for Tommy to reset. He looks like a ring-in from park footy.

A little perspective… had we held the line for the last 5-10mins of half, may we’ll have been a different result?

Clearly see how much we missed ‘groggy froggy’ and our origin backrow candidate. Won’t miss Tom like everyone thinks… on current form, the injury will be a good chance for Tommy to reset. He looks like a ring-in from park footy.
A little perspective… the game is played for 80 minutes; not 40, not 60, not 70…

Do you guys ever blame the players?

I saw a lot of bad things that had nothing to do with the coach.

The reality is Tom is a shadow of his best, DCE is rocks and diamonds and there are some lazy forwards.

I'm not giving Seibold a free pass but honestly blaming the coach for everything is fcking as lazy as Matt Lodge.
Coach sets the game plans, selects the players, sets the attacking and defence structures. So yes, I hold him accountable

If they did hang on to win,it only wallpapers over the cracks.The team is losing,and winning,no different to last season.There is no improvement from last season.This is Seibold’s team now

Do you guys ever blame the players?

I saw a lot of bad things that had nothing to do with the coach.

The reality is Tom is a shadow of his best, DCE is rocks and diamonds and there are some lazy forwards.

I'm not giving Seibold a free pass but honestly blaming the coach for everything is fcking as lazy as Matt Lodge.
I think the players, especially the senior players and so-called leaders in the team, have to share in the blame. They are giving him nothing. But I do think Seibold's focus on our "weapons" in attack has been at the expense of our defence, which is as bad as it's always been. That has to be fixed.

All in all, I'm torn on Seibold and whether he's the right coach for this team. Part of me thinks nobody is the right coach for this team. The senior players are either too stubborn or set in their ways to change, and the rest of the team is caught up in that "hero play" mentality.

I like that Seibold is a good communicator, especially with the media, but I fear that a lot of his words are empty mantras, and they ring especially hollow when the players don't back them up.

I also like his focus on club history and tradition, but again, I'm not sure it amounts to much on the field. Those "The Manly Way" segments look great on YouTube and other social media, but a team's "culture" and identity is established through its deeds on the field, not in pre-season camps and lecture halls.

Look at the Dolphins. They've existed as an NRL team for two years and they've already got an identity as a tough, hardworking team that will stay in games and compete to the end. They've also got a few "weapons" of their own and can score tries in bunches. Cobbling that team together from nothing may well be Wayne Bennett's masterpiece.

Then you look at us. What's our identity? A team that can build a lead but can't hang onto it. A team that can't defend - in the middle, or on the edges. A team that can score some really pretty tries but will more often than not self-destruct. A team that can't rely on its leaders. A team that won't compete for 80 minutes.

There is no reason for any other team in the NRL to be scared of us, even when they're down by 20, because they know there's always a way back against this team.

In the end, it all comes down to winning. And, rightly or wrongly, it's going to land at Seibold's feet. He has a lot to fix and not much time to fix it in, and he's beginning to look like somebody who knows he's in over his head.

I think the players, especially the senior players and so-called leaders in the team, have to share in the blame. They are giving him nothing. But I do think Seibold's focus on our "weapons" in attack has been at the expense of our defence, which is as bad as it's always been. That has to be fixed.

All in all, I'm torn on Seibold and whether he's the right coach for this team. Part of me thinks nobody is the right coach for this team. The senior players are either too stubborn or set in their ways to change, and the rest of the team is caught up in that "hero play" mentality.

I like that Seibold is a good communicator, especially with the media, but I fear that a lot of his words are empty mantras, and they ring especially hollow when the players don't back them up.

I also like his focus on club history and tradition, but again, I'm not sure it amounts to much on the field. Those "The Manly Way" segments look great on YouTube and other social media, but a team's "culture" and identity is established through its deeds on the field, not in pre-season camps and lecture halls.

Look at the Dolphins. They've existed as an NRL team for two years and they've already got an identity as a tough, hardworking team that will stay in games and compete to the end. They've also got a few "weapons" of their own and can score tries in bunches. Cobbling that team together from nothing may well be Wayne Bennett's masterpiece.

Then you look at us. What's our identity? A team that can build a lead but can't hang onto it. A team that can't defend - in the middle, or on the edges. A team that can score some really pretty tries but will more often than not self-destruct. A team that can't rely on its leaders. A team that won't compete for 80 minutes.

There is no reason for any other team in the NRL to be scared of us, even when they're down by 20, because they know there's always a way back against this team.

In the end, it all comes down to winning. And, rightly or wrongly, it's going to land at Seibold's feet. He has a lot to fix and not much time to fix it in, and he's beginning to look like somebody who knows he's in over his head.
Great post.

Coach sets the game plans, selects the players, sets the attacking and defence structures. So yes, I hold him accountable
Of course he should be accountable.I don't think anyone on here is saying he shouldn't be.

But the basic errors from guys like Tom should also be called out.

You do realize you can hold Seibold accountable and call out the players as well?

If I were Siebold I'd be tempted to just scrap the playbook entirely and switch ALL focus to defence for a few weeks. Just train for defence. Forget about attack. They know how to attack. For a few weeks just focus solely on defence. Yeah we might lose some games in the process, but as others have said, this team needs a whole new focus and a whole new identity. No team ever won a comp playing the way we do. EVER.

If I were Siebold I'd be tempted to just scrap the playbook entirely and switch ALL focus to defence for a few weeks. Just train for defence. Forget about attack. They know how to attack. For a few weeks just focus solely on defence. Yeah we might lose some games in the process, but as others have said, this team needs a whole new focus and a whole new identity. No team ever won a comp playing the way we do. EVER.
I like that. Manly have enough points in them.

Where I think it is clear that Seibold needs to change things, is rather than doubling down on the offense, more of a focus on the defence is obviously required.

The Tigers did in 2005.

Have not made the semis since.

All in all, I'm torn on Seibold and whether he's the right coach for this team.
Torn ????
It is not complicated
The Right coach is the coach that gets the best out of his players
Teams either underachieve or overachieve
and coaches either keep their job or lose their job as a result in a results driven business
Because no proud or smart club keeps persisting with losers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12