Sean Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like his attitude . He wants to be here .......

Keppie has been a shining light in the U20s competition and was rated as one of the Eels' brightest young stars.

"When the offer came to join Manly, I thought it was the better pathway for me as I can see a future here,'' Keppie said.

I like that he saw a pathway to a better future here.
Doesn't say much for the slime and their treatment of their own...

I like that he saw a pathway to a better future here.
Doesn't say much for the slime and their treatment of their own...
It is obvious that King Aurthur does not rate him but the Mad Professor does
220px-Doc_Brown.JPG

He is a good young kid and by all reports can play.

Could be a NRL Smokey for later in the year

Why do people think there are better pathways for 2nd / 3rd tier talent at The Sea Eagles?

I don't take that as a positive.

I'm betting he wouldn't think the same of The Roosters club. Or Storm. Or Broncos.

Acquiring quantity rather than quality is what sent us down the Northern Eagles spiral.

Enjoy NSW Cup Sean.

We need better quality recruits. Especially outside backs. We don't have 2 wingers and a Centre

Why do people think there are better pathways for 2nd / 3rd tier talent at The Sea Eagles?

I'm betting he wouldn't think the same of The Roosters club. Or Storm. Or Broncos.

Acquiring quantity rather than quality is what sent us down the Northern Eagles spiral.

Enjoy NSW Cup Sean.

We need better quality recruits. Especially outside backs. We don't have 2 wingers and a Centre
He might come good and so may our young backs .
Dont count your Eagles till they are hatched
download.jpg

The better pathway answer is a standard cliche , hes unlikely to say manly offered more money so i took it. the majority of these kids never make it tom wright being a example but every now and then some kick on , someone within the club identified him as being one with potential, hopefully someone other than barrett. Paseka, perret, and sipley have hard;y set the world on fire so if he rips in who knows

Enjoy NSW Cup Sean.

Why should this be taken as a negative mate? The player in point is a 20 year old forward, highly regarded at Parramatta, who sees a greater level of opportunity at Manly. He comes on little financial incentive and will no doubt be starting in NSW Cup. Where is the downside to this for both parties?

There is ‘opportunity’ at all clubs. Look at the Roosters squad throughout the finals with players such as Lindsay Collins, Paul Momorovski, Zane Tetavano all playing roles in their success. All which could be labelled 2nd/3rd tier talent in many peoples opinion.

Why should this be taken as a negative mate? The player in point is a 20 year old forward, highly regarded at Parramatta, who sees a greater level of opportunity at Manly. He comes on little financial incentive and will no doubt be starting in NSW Cup. Where is the downside to this for both parties?

There is ‘opportunity’ at all clubs. Look at the Roosters squad throughout the finals with players such as Lindsay Collins, Paul Momorovski, Zane Tetavano all playing roles in their success. All which could be labelled 2nd/3rd tier talent in many peoples opinion.
This kid former Australian school boy rep player is already an International ;)

Last edited:

Enjoy NSW Cup Sean.

Ryan,

Why are you so assertive about which incoming/new players are or aren't quality signings?

Especially when your record at predicting these is - by your own account - terrible.

The guy is 20 years old. Let's at least give him game time (starting in NSW cup of course) before making a judgement on whether or not he is likely to be a future NRL starter or not. Rather than some throwaway line in a prepared statement.

I hope the kid goes well, having never seen him play I’ll wait to pass judgement.

Nice story by the club though.

Enjoy NSW Cup Sean.

100% agree here. Basically saying that anything could happen at Manly and he’s got a shot at 1st grade. I’m holding out hope that one of these guys comes on and surprises everyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8