Sea Eagles v Warriors match day thread Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfpack said:
chris_niko said:
Cambo said:
chris_niko said:
Rodo said:
What's happened with Galuvao? Is he injured?

Dont think so.. Just think 2V rates the other benchies higher than him
He's injuried. If fit he's in our best 17

Fair enough, my mistake. Who drops off when joe comes back then

Mauro, I guess. Maybe Rose or Lussick if they need a game or two off to freshen up.
g'day all,why does vic continue to be so poorly regarded,watch him closely nothing flash but very solid,makes less mistakes than others,doesn't concede dumb penalties,makes his tackles anddoesn't go backwards.In my view he has proven himself as a reliable performer and deserves a spot,buhrer must get more game time,joe deserves a spot when fit.

from http://www.nrl.com/warriors-v-sea-eagles-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/66041/default.aspx

The History: Played 21; Sea Eagles 14, Warriors 7. Yikes – Sea Eagles have won seven of the past eight clashes between the sides, with the first clash in that run in 2008 their biggest win over the Kiwis (52-6).

Shaun Johnson v Daly Cherry-Evans: Both enter 2012 on the back of outstanding rookie NRL seasons, with Cherry-Evans just shading his counterpart. The two halfbacks present a compelling contrast: Johnson’s pace and quick thinking make him a danger from anywhere on the park, while Cherry-Evans’ solid service is the match that ignites the Sea Eagles’ brilliant backline. Johnson made 18 try assists and six line-breaks in just 16 games in 2011 while Cherry Evans showed strength running to the line and distributing for his supports – he made a competition-high 111 tackle busts and 30 offloads in the No.7, plus 19 try assists. One – or both – of these guys is likely to come up with a telling play.The game looms as a personal duel between opposing centres Steve Matai and Jerome Ropati, who each enter the arena having scored 49 career tries.

Watch Out Warriors:
One Sea Eagle who has impressed in the trials is second-rower Anthony Watmough – and he has a liking for ripping into the Warriors. ‘Choc’ may have not received the accolades accorded others like Glenn Stewart, Will Hopoate, Jamie Lyon and Daly Cherry-Evans in the decider but he was a menace throughout, making 19 runs for 131 metres with 32 tackles, six tackle-breaks and two offloads. In their previous match-up in Round 6 he was also productive with 18 runs for 133 metres with 26 tackles. Watmough will look for a short pass from Cherry-Evans or Glenn Stewart to bust the Warriors open just off centre-field.

The Warriors need to be careful with their handling lest they surrender precious field position too often. Last season the Sea Eagles clawed out the third-most metres each match (1375) – and they bookended that impressive stat by conceding the fewest metres (1270) each game. That left them with an average territory differential of +175 metres; by comparison the Warriors finished with a +56 mark.

Watch Out Sea Eagles: Nathan Friend kick-starts his new career at the Warriors with the reputation as the most involved player in the game. When Friend was out injured last year the Titans struggled big time – the previous season (2010) he led the NRL for most touches (115 a game). The Warriors have spent the past few seasons juggling the hooker role between the likes of Aaron Heremaia and Lance Hohaia. With Friend destined to play long minutes the Kiwis’ ruck play will get a heap more consistent.

Danger Sign: The Warriors need to be wary of inside balls to Brett Stewart close to their try line. The star fullback crossed for the first try in the grand final off a Cherry-Evans inside pass and scored against Leeds off an inside ball too. Kevin Locke needs to maintain focus and send clear instructions to his defenders when he sees Stewart drifting infield.

The Way We See It: Two trials for two uninspiring efforts must have Manly fans on edge – especially given the team now faces a flight across the Tasman after journeying halfway around the world just a fortnight ago. We’d have preferred to see them with another hit-out under their belts before tackling a quality outfit like the Warriors first up – especially in New Zealand. Certainly the Warriors have looked sharp and they appear to have the depth to overcome their annoying early injury problems. Things are ticking along nicely for them and on exposed form they get our nod by six points.

Televised: Channel 9 – Live 12 noon; Fox Sports – Delayed 4pm.

mike walker said:
Wolfpack said:
chris_niko said:
Cambo said:
chris_niko said:
Dont think so.. Just think 2V rates the other benchies higher than him
He's injuried. If fit he's in our best 17

Fair enough, my mistake. Who drops off when joe comes back then

Mauro, I guess. Maybe Rose or Lussick if they need a game or two off to freshen up.
g'day all,why does vic continue to be so poorly regarded,watch him closely nothing flash but very solid,makes less mistakes than others,doesn't concede dumb penalties,makes his tackles anddoesn't go backwards.In my view he has proven himself as a reliable performer and deserves a spot,buhrer must get more game time,joe deserves a spot when fit.

For the record, mate, I do agree with you on Mauro. I think he is seen as expendable in the current squad as Joe G fills the same role as him (second row/front row utility type - reliable & solid) & has performed better at it in the past, though Vic does have more of a future with the club given his age.

The Sunday NRL match between the Warriors and Sea Eagles will be LIVE nationwide on Nine from 12pm AEDT. Who will... http://t.co/pRIb6dOj

Berkeley_Eagle said:
The Sunday NRL match between the Warriors and Sea Eagles will be LIVE nationwide on Nine from 12pm AEDT. Who will... http://t.co/pRIb6dOj
Hope Wamf sees this. No need to find a river mate :)

Cambo said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hope Wamf sees this. No need to find a river mate :)

Yes mate. I'm wrapped. Just cancelled the fishing trip. :D

Didn't think this was worth a new thread (maybe not even a post!)

MONACO-based millionaire Owen Glenn has bought a half share in the Warriors NRL team two days out from their first game of the 2012 season.

He and Warriors co-owner Eric Watson are entering into a joint venture to own 100 per cent of the Auckland-based club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/millionaire-owen-glenn-buys-half-share-of-warriors-nrl-team/story-e6frfgbo-1226287365149

couldn't see if posted before.

cheers

Off fishing this weekend.

Wishing some stream with all the rain would turn into a torrent! I mean sometimes it's clearer to see fish when the water is a torrent.

So torrents are hard to find though.

Oops third period of nucks v st louis is on. 0-0 go nucks!!!

I'm always pleased to hear that rich people have bought into opposition teams. It increases the chance that people who know nothing about the game will have a say in what happens with that team.

Manly are specials

$2.48 on betfair will do me.

While here, this is my punting plan for 2012. I am only small punter.

$20 on Manly each week if I can get $1.70 or better.

If they win win I place $20 on them to win the GF while ever they remain a chance of winning. If at some stage they appear no hope any winnings will stay in my pocket.

Stevo said:
Rookie centre, other centre hasn't played in ages, no Micheal Luck. No hope!

DISAGREE completely much rather play against a NZ team with Luck and Lilyman in the team. both are overrated. Luck is less than 1/10 in attack. he racks up tackle nos. a poor man's hindmarsh imo.

Warriors back row of Mateo, Mannering and Taylor is much more formidable.

Hindmarsh is a poor mans footballer,offers zero in attack and flops in defense,Micheal Luck ****s all over this merkin

Anyone else find it hard to hate the warriors?

The Eagle said:
Hindmarsh is a poor mans footballer,offers zero in attack and flops in defense,Micheal Luck ****s all over this merkin

I do not begrudge them any success... except when they play the beloved Sea Eagles tomorrow.

The Eagle said:

They are kiwis. That makes it a bit easier lol

I enjoy their style of footy they play.

I too don't mind the Warriors. Like previously mentioned I enjoy their style of play.
They may have ended up in the same category as Drugcastle and the Scum however, if the result had've been different in last years GF.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8