Sea Eagles fined $ 5,000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently the Sea Eagles have been fined $ 5,000 dollars for having 14 players on the field at one time in the Titans match. I dont remember hearing that when i watched that game.

MANLY have expressed relief at not being stripped of two points after an interchange bungle against the Gold Coast.
The NRL fined Manly $5000 for having 14 players on the field but stopped short of deducting points.

It is understood Manly had an extra player on the field, hooker Matt Ballin, for no more than five seconds and Ballin was not involved in play.

"I'm not saying $5000 is a bargain, but it's better than losing two points,'' Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said.

"It was not a deliberate action by anyone to breach the rules, it was simply a mistake. We had 14 players on the field for two seconds and it had no impact on the game.''

Related LinksManly v Sharks: Matai confident of returning
The breach occurred in the 57th minute when two players were correctly interchanged at the same time but the wrong player left the field. He immediately returned without the permission of the interchange official.

An NRL statement read: "This resulted in a 14th player being on the field for just a few seconds as another player left the field behind the dead-ball line.''

Mayer said: "We have reviewed the incident and concede the NRL rules were breached.''

The Titans, meanwhile, were fined $1000 after a player going on to the field did not hand the interchange card to the sideline official, instead dropping it to the ground and entering the field.

"The interchange rules are there to protect all clubs from placing themselves in a position where they could potentially lose competition points, as has occurred in the past,'' said NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley.

"Although neither of the incidents fall into that category of seriousness, the circumstances needed to only be slightly different for an error to occur that could have potentially resulted in the loss of competition points.

"Both clubs have five business days to make any submissions to the NRL before the penalties are imposed.''

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4