Scrum penalites - have we learnt anything?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Shaka1eye

Reserve Grader
The last two weeks we have been duped into giving penalties at crucial times because we've raced up off the defensive line while the opposition backrower has held the ball in the scrum, effectively placing us offside.

Against the Storm we were playing with some momentum at 26 - 30 down when in the 71st minute, Green placed a nice grubber to find touch and force a scrum on their 10 metre line. The penalty we gifted them at the scrum allowed them to force their way to our try line and force a repeat set. I felt it was a turning point in the game at the time.

Last night, again in the 71st minute and with the scores locked at 14 - 14, the Raiders do the same thing, advance downfield in the ensuing set of six and Rapana scores in the corner with the potential matchwinner. Fortunately, somehow we got away with the win but I hope we learn to be aware of it happening again.

It's up to the halfback and whoever is on the other side of the scrum, to yell OUT once they hear the Ref and see the ball in play @:cool:

funnily enough we did the same thing against Parra and their defence was up past their lock but no penalty.

Again there are 2 rules

If you can't beat em join em. We should do this in every scrum from now on. It makes scrums even more of a joke than they already are - and is clearly not in the spirit of the game - but in a game where salary cap cheats and drug cheats are rewarded with premierships it shouldn't surprise anyone that this type of tactic is encouraged.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10