Scouting team in New Zealand.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Eye

Reserve Grader
Do we have a scouting team in New Zealand?

I remember NZ juniors coming through Manly's junior system like Lama Tasi, Kenny Edwards, JWH etc but suddenly stopped. We usually sign juniors from Warriors now...

Loads of great juniors over there.

My last MWTS tour was to NZ, and we visited Mount Albert Leagues Club ( Darrell Williams, and quite a few others that have played for us junior club).

The President was keen to build up a relationship between them and the Eagles, as they have hundreds of kids who can ever get a start with the Warriors, so drift off to Rugby.

To my knowledge , even though these details were passed on nothing ever happened.

It would not be hard to get a feed of players happening.

I went to the Otahuhu Rugby League Club at the beginning of the year during when Manly were getting ready for Auckland Nines and I saw some Manly boys. Trent Barrett and some of the Manly boys were surprised of how much Talent there was in Auckland. I think Trent should send some scouters in NZ IMO.

The kiwi link is how I started supporting manly back in 1990 living in rural NZ. Lowe, ridge, Iros, Williams and others. There are so many good young players there in league and more so Union. We need some form of recruitment process over there.
A lot of kiwis still have manly as there second team behind the Warriors.

Let Zorba know.
I'm sure he is up for junket holiday.
Surely he can get a pie and punt while away.
At least it gets him away from the front office for a few weeks

Graham Lowe use to have some sort of recruiting and development system over there just before he became CEO from memory. Not sure what happened to that?

So apparently I've read that Manly have a scouting team in Nelson, New Zealand. Our latest recruit is a 17 year boy named Marvin Curry. He's considered "Raw talent" from scouters... Search him up.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6