Scott Penn Replies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
25/02/2009 - By Scott Penn on behalf of the Penn Family

Dear Members,

There would appear to be a campaign being orchestrated against the Penn’s and Grant Mayer over allegations we want to move the Sea Eagles to the Central Coast. I say for the record this is totally untrue and those spreading the rumours know it. In fact I defended the same claim in December 2007 when there were similar false rumours. We all know the Preference Share protects Brookvale Oval as the Home of the Sea Eagles and we wouldn’t want it any other way.

It is important that you all know that as per the minutes of our Board Meeting on 18 April 2007 the Board approved the registration of various Trademarks under the Sea Eagles brand. This included registering Trademarks for both the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles and Central Coast Sea Eagles.

The only reason both of these Trademarks were registered was to protect the Sea Eagles brand in these 2 areas given we were looking to use both as feeder areas for the Sea Eagles. We were subsequently advised by the NRL that we couldn’t register the Trademarks as they own the Sea Eagles name and therefore we have allowed the Central Coast Sea Eagles application to lapse. Rest assured we will never move the team to the Central Coast. Why would the Penn family be looking at a $15 Million purchase of the Leagues Club and be working tirelessly with Warringah Council on the redevelopment of Brookvale Oval if we were going to move the team to the Central Coast. It is just not going to happen.

In terms of the six games to be taken away as per Bob Reilly’s letter, this was merely a discussion at Board level to look at alternative grounds to play games whilst Brookvale Oval is being redeveloped. The timing of this will more likely be 2011 and the other grounds discussed were Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium, North Sydney Oval as well as Central Coast Stadium. The Sea Eagles are still awaiting feedback from the Football Club Board. It is disappointing that this discussion has been misrepresented.

The Daily Telegraph today has done its own investigation into the campaign being conducted and goes a long way to exposing the false information that is being spread. Once again I would ask those spreading these rumours why they are trying to destroy the club we all love. As Members you all deserve a “Please Explain”. We won the comp, we have the best team both on and off the field and those who have been happy to sit back and watch it happen are now trying to destroy the people who have made it happen. Why?

We are currently in the UK and I can assure you that all of our players and coaching staff are completely focussed on the task at hand of bringing home the WCC trophy. We have a very exciting year ahead as we seek back to back premierships and continue our efforts to ensure that we achieve our vision of redeveloping Brookvale Oval and the Leagues Club to the benefit of all our Members and fans.

Regards,
Scott Penn on behalf of the Penn Family

Explains a lot more than reilly's letter.

I had information that the club were looking to move some games during the redevelopment but I never thought that this was what was being alluded to by the Delmege faction. it seems starkly obvious though. It also seems obvious that during the renovation we will need to relocate temporarily, the same as the sharks and other clubs had to.

I was already leaning more towards the Penn camp, this just strenghtens that

I think I will take up Bob's invitation in the letter to contact him directly.

The Wheel link said:
I think I will take up Bob's invitation in the letter to contact him directly.
do you have a phone number for bob i would like to do the same

It appears that most of the mud is sticking on Delmege and he is running a distant second at the moment to Penn in the credability stakes. 

Penn and Delmege are totally open with all thoughts they are currently considering.

Penn and Delmege would never make media releases specifically designed to manipulate our opinions in their favour.

Santa travels in a snow sleigh and climbs down our chimneys.

Apprently the Penns are in the right according to the daily terror.

Nuff said

Seems Mr Penn is a poor cumminicator with everything being miscimmunicated.

ManlyBacker link said:
I asked for an assurance that the Penns wouldn't move and here it is. Well done and thank you.
  So you will now request that the Football club explain itself?

Rex link said:
Penn and Delmege are totally open with all thoughts they are currently considering.

Penn and Delmege would never make media releases specifically designed to manipulate our opinions in their favour.

Santa travels in a snow sleigh and climbs down our chimneys.

We dont need a Penn press release to know that the CC move is bull****. It CAN NOT HAPPEN due to the boards constitution. It needs everyone to vote on it, which clearly they would not!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179271.msg208257#msg208257 date=1235526195]
I asked for an assurance that the Penns wouldn't move and here it is. Well done and thank you.
  So you will now request that the Football club explain itself?
[/quote]
I would if I could be stuffed joining their little closed shop of horrors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8