Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Have to subscribe... Is this a new article? any chance of copy and pasting....?

cut n paste this into google.... (or your address bar)

manly-chief-scott-penn-demands-clarity-on-salary-cap-allegations

Manly chairman and majority owner Scott Penn has urged the NRL to provide greater clarity around the salary cap allegations against the club after integrity unit officials arrived at the Sea Eagles’ base on Sydney’s northern beaches yesterday armed with a lengthy list of demands.

“They have asked for everything and the kitchen sink,” Penn said. “Everyone has a job to do, we’re coming to the end of the season, let’s be realistic about what you’re looking for. Let’s have a frame of reference around what you want. Give us some specifics — some dates and people. It is just the volume, really. We’re really saying, ‘can you narrow that range so we can get you the information quickly and wrap it up’.

Just seems to be a case of the more things change , the more they stay the same in regard to this latest and clear and even bizarre anti - Manly exercise and which just seems to go back for generations. I recall a front page article in R. L . Week when Arko was the club boss and quite some time ago and with him openly accusing sections of the League administration and media of blatant and unfounded anti - Manly conduct . Just seems that a portion of present day administrators and even possibly match officials are just continuing this really irrational and unfounded generational prejudice and bias against the Manly club. Again in this recent matter , some unsubstantiated accusations just blown of proportion and misrepresented . And just as one example to mention in double standards , there was proven cap cheating by the Raiders in the early nineties but no action taken against the Raiders The Manly club and supporters should just as usual stay resolute and defiant and show that they are really above this current petty and unreasonable anti - Manly exercise.

My theory is that the club has done nothing wrong, but certain former disgruntled players were taking cash on the side to put in poor performances on purpose from a certain disreputable businessman.

And now, to try to save their hides amidst being caught match fixing (illegal), they are trying to pass these payments off as salary cap rorting (only against NRL rules).

Of course, given how little actual information has come out this could be completely off base too.

My theory is that the club has done nothing wrong, but certain former disgruntled players were taking cash on the side to put in poor performances on purpose from a certain disreputable businessman.

And now, to try to save their hides amidst being caught match fixing (illegal), they are trying to pass these payments off as salary cap rorting (only against NRL rules).

Of course, given how little actual information has come out this could be completely off base too.

I have been thinking the same thing.

One thing you can guarantee is that there will be no announcement when nothing is found and certainly no apology

When (and I say that strongly) the NRL find that Manly has no case to answer, are the NRL going to issue an apology to the club over the way this has been handled and put through the media? Are they going to apologise to the players, the fans?

Hell no. They'll just wait for the next rumour to start and will jump on it like a kid who just found out their parents have bought them a trampoline.

The NRL should be backing its clubs, not going on witch hunts and hanging them out to dry in the media on the back of rumour and inuendo.

NRL = No Real Leadership

Just seems to be a case of the more things change , the more they stay the same in regard to this latest and clear and even bizarre anti - Manly exercise and which just seems to go back for generations. I recall a front page article in R. L . Week when Arko was the club boss and quite some time ago and with him openly accusing sections of the League administration and media of blatant and unfounded anti - Manly conduct . Just seems that a portion of present day administrators and even possibly match officials are just continuing this really irrational and unfounded generational prejudice and bias against the Manly club. Again in this recent matter , some unsubstantiated accusations just blown of proportion and misrepresented . And just as one example to mention in double standards , there was proven cap cheating by the Raiders in the early nineties but no action taken against the Raiders The Manly club and supporters should just as usual stay resolute and defiant and show that they are really above this current petty and unreasonable anti - Manly exercise.

How long do people need to hold a grudge, geez nations have forgiven world wars quicker than Manly has been forgiven for doing what every team does now. Idiots like roy masters and greenturd are such miserable bitter individuals what sad lives they must live

Interesting idea

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/07/20/cap-probe-wont-derail-us-cherry-evans

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans insists the NRL's investigation into salary cap cheating at the club won't derail their premiership ambitions this year.

"If allegations are made by the media and it's not found to be true, it'd be great to see some sort of apology start to come forward. But I can't see that happening either."

Cherry-Evans did admit he was frustrated players were forced to address the issue publicly.

"As a club we still make the same mistakes by having the players here having to talk about it. I understand the allegations probably directly affect the players," he said.

"But really, I don't think we should be standing here talking about it to be fair. I think people from the front office should be dealing with this in front of the cameras."

We have had such a large turn over of front office staff and CEO's if there was something it would of came out long ago.
Easy to hide with fewer people in the know.

But on the otherhand being privately owned makes something easy to hide. NRL can't go through the owners company books.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/07/20/cap-probe-wont-derail-us-cherry-evans

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans insists the NRL's investigation into salary cap cheating at the club won't derail their premiership ambitions this year.

"If allegations are made by the media and it's not found to be true, it'd be great to see some sort of apology start to come forward. But I can't see that happening either."

Cherry-Evans did admit he was frustrated players were forced to address the issue publicly.

"As a club we still make the same mistakes by having the players here having to talk about it. I understand the allegations probably directly affect the players," he said.

"But really, I don't think we should be standing here talking about it to be fair. I think people from the front office should be dealing with this in front of the cameras."
My God, he's a good captain!

Very likely you have nailed this big time , which is another reason why said players haven't been near the joint this year!

You gotta love Dce.

You gotta love Dce.
Yeah he didn't hold back.
But I don't think the club can say much more than it has. They've been pretty front foot.
I think DCE and the boys should just say we are here to talk footy or nothing at all and ignore the juvenile, repetitive questions.
They'll soon get sick of it.

Yeah he didn't hold back.
But I don't think the club can say much more than it has. They've been pretty front foot.
I think DCE and the boys should just say we are here to talk footy or nothing at all and ignore the juvenile, repetitive questions.
They'll soon get sick of it.
I think they are . Thats why people are so jealous of Dce because he is so articulate. Imagine interviewing slammin Sam backo on a similar subject back in the day. WOW.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11