Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bencher
Mazda's are **** anyway...

Let's get on uncle Nicks gravy train, all the boys can run around in the new Ford Sombrero!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Name and shame the player as he is tarnishing every other player by being protected by Brookvale Mazda :wait:

Sick of reading about :-

• The non-event of the Gladstone night out. The Strip Club is on record as stating that the players were well behaved.
  • Jacko and Chez fighting as being some unheard of incident between players in a footy club.
  • Nase's sex tape is completely his problem and nothing to do with Manly at all.
:swear:

#ManlyGetYourStuffTogether

The pics I saw with players doing promo's for their "sweet new ride" didnt look like $20,000 cars either..

I'd suggest that the cars are leased for up to the $20k.

Car can be (and are) worth far more than $20k. But the lease payments up to $20k would be the allowance I'd imagine.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Name and shame the player as he is tarnishing every other player by being protected by Brookvale Mazda :wait:

#ManlyGetYourStuffTogether
I daresay he's being protected by Manly too.

Yet surely tearing up the player's contract is worth far less to Manly than losing the sponsorship of Brookvale Mazda :think: Damn shame to lose it :mad:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I daresay he's being protected by Manly too.

Yet surely tearing up the player's contract is worth far less to Manly than losing the sponsorship of Brookvale Mazda :think: Damn shame to lose it :mad:
The sponsorship is another issue but having every Manly player painted as a loose cannon does not make sense :fubar:

We are not Parra :wait:

images

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Not trying to nit pick Happily but ... a) Is this a sponsorship or TPA issue .... b) is there a difference ? ......
TPA - players are 'ambassadors for BM'

At the end of each year most Clubs change minor sponsors in any case.

Manly has to revisit their whole operation as I don't see any department delivering on their KPIs :mad:

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Not sure what they were thinking putting a Turbo in a Mazda buuuuuut
Looking through facebook looks like its the Mazda 7
2 xTurbo
AFB
Jorge
Siro
Winterstein
Api

joeboy

Bencher
I thought it was interesting that Andrew gee was in the coaches box with Broncos attire and a lanyard. Wasn't he meant to be banished after that mystery 300 000 large

Different rules for different clubs I guess

I'd write to the NRL if I thought they would listen.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought it was interesting that Andrew gee was in the coaches box with Broncos attire and a lanyard. Wasn't he meant to be banished after that mystery 300 000 large

Different rules for different clubs I guess

I'd write to the NRL if I thought they would listen.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...t/news-story/b9ebfe5ab86eb05699d5b8861f0ecfc8

THE NRL will issue a “please explain” to the Broncos after a controversial guest sat in Wayne Bennett’s coach’s box on Sunday.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So are we there yet???

Seems to be a deliberate ploy to stretch out having to make a decision until after the GF and / or well into the off season.

I know it's not the same thing but there's a law (in the usa at least) saying the defendant has the right to a speedy trial. The police can't arrest someone and the DA say oh ok, we'll get to you in 10 years. Just stay in gaol until then.

Well... Manly certainly aren't getting any rights to a speedy resolution.

Who knows.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seems to be a deliberate ploy to stretch out having to make a decision until after the GF and / or well into the off season.

I know it's not the same thing but there's a law (in the usa at least) saying the defendant has the right to a speedy trial. The police can't arrest someone and the DA say oh ok, we'll get to you in 10 years. Just stay in gaol until then.

Well... Manly certainly aren't getting any rights to a speedy resolution.

Who knows.
It's the same here, justice delayed is justice denied, and this delay certainly harms Manly.
If we were allowed to present fresh evidence at the appeal, the appeal should have been decided on what was before the appeal panel, namely Greenberg's original evidence plus whatever we had raised in defence.
If, as Kent has alluded to, Greenberg has been allowed to go off and conduct a further investigation, that seems a flawed process to me. We are appealing against the prosecution finalised last March, not some new prosecution that hasn't even been completed yet.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's the same here, justice delayed is justice denied, and this delay certainly harms Manly.
If we were allowed to present fresh evidence at the appeal, the appeal should have been decided on what was before the appeal panel, namely Greenberg's original evidence plus whatever we had raised in defence.
If, as Kent has alluded to, Greenberg has been allowed to go off and conduct a further investigation, that seems a flawed process to me. We are appealing against the prosecution finalised last March, not some new prosecution that hasn't even been completed yet.
But you and I both know this isn’t law, it’s “ Toddy’s law” and that’s different ( he’s allowed to make it up as you go along).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14